Headlines Tagged with Real Estate — 2,370 headlines found
when a freshman assemblyman recently introduced a bill to potentially allow landlords to evict a tenant for smoking in a multi-unit property, the Santa Monica council cried foul. For the final topic of council’s Tuesday special meeting, Council member Ke
Mar 25, 2013 Santa Monica (CA) Mirror
added Mar 25, 2013 17:12
Before firefighters arrived, a barbecue propane tank exploded on the deck
Mar 25, 2013 Mukilteo (WA) Beacon
added Mar 25, 2013 16:58
A state Assembly bill from former San Rafael City Councilman Marc Levine proposes to do exactly that.
Mar 25, 2013 Patch.org
added Mar 25, 2013 16:32
[California] Marin Assemblyman Levine draws attention with bill cracking down on smoking in multi-family housing
LEGISLATION THAT would ban smoking in California apartment, condominium and townhouse complexes has garnered freshman Assemblyman Marc Levine plenty of attention, most positive; but not all.
Mar 24, 2013 Marin (CA) Independent Journal
added Mar 24, 2013 15:45
Mr. Bowen has had state Rep. Jennifer E. Benson, D-Lunenburg, file a bill that would limit smoking to detached single-family homes. The first two bills were recommended to be studied, or to die quietly. This time around, Mr. Bowen said, he hopes anti-smo
Mar 18, 2013 Worcester (MA) Telegram & Gazette
added Mar 18, 2013 09:45
Three people displaced, one in the hospital ... a woman forgot to put out her cigarette. It started a fire which caused the woman's home oxygen tank to explode.
Mar 17, 2013 WWLP-22News (Springfield, MA)
added Mar 18, 2013 09:28
A discarded cigarette is being blamed for an afternoon fire Saturday that burned a three-story apartment house at 39 Church St., leaving nine people homeless. ... “It started on the back porch on the first floor,” Booker said. “And it spread quickly.”
Mar 17, 2013 Bangor (ME) Daily News
added Mar 17, 2013 12:36
JAY -- A discarded cigarette is being blamed for an apartment house fire in Jay that left nine people without a home.
Mar 17, 2013 AP - Associated Press
added Mar 17, 2013 11:12
One person's smoke invading a neighbor's apartment or condo is not just a nuisance in the way that excessive noise at 3 a.m. is a nuisance. It is a health hazard and should not be allowed. Levine is on the right track with AB 746.
Mar 17, 2013 Sacramento (CA) Bee
added Mar 17, 2013 10:27
Though the board ultimately succeeded in forcing Ms. Wells to allow repairs to her apartment, the board was not able to get her to stub out her cigs—something that apparently didn’t worry Gretchen Pusch and Richard Bayles, who just picked up a classic six
Mar 15, 2013 New York Observer
added Mar 16, 2013 12:38