Headlines Tagged with Real Estate — 2,430 headlines found
When I started working on my garden, I noticed that an amazing number of cigarette butts were being thrown out the windows of the rental. What is the best way to motivate the owner of the building to deter tenants from throwing the butts into my yard?
Jul 19, 2013 New York Times
added Jul 19, 2013 15:15
Brock suffers from Duchenne’s muscular dystrophy. For his long-term care, he has to move to a building with smokers living in it, which concerns his family.
Jul 18, 2013 York Region (ca)
added Jul 18, 2013 18:44
It's difficult to sell a home coated in a muddy colored residue that smells like a dirty ashtray. Movoto reported 88 percent of real estate agents surveyed said it's more difficult to sell a home where someone smoked than a home were smoking didn't occur
Jul 12, 2013 Salinas (CA) Californian
added Jul 12, 2013 21:40
We own and manage 20 very nice apartments ... our leases state that the building is "smoke free." ... but someone who smokes can live there, as is the case with two of our tenants. Like everywhere else in their life, they go outside to smoke.
Jul 6, 2013 Rochester (NY) Democrat and Chronicle
added Jul 6, 2013 18:58
Tulare County residents are seemingly part of the downward trend in smoking among adults. The Tulare County Tobacco Awareness and Education Program, the county's main program against tobacco, was formed in 1989. The program is coordinated by the Public
Jul 6, 2013 Visalia (CA) Times-Delta
added Jul 6, 2013 18:28
Schuman’s claims arose from his neighbors’ smoking that caused secondhand cigarette smoke to enter his patio and home. ... Circuit Court for Prince George’s County ruled against Schuman. For the following reasons, we agree and affirm the decision of the
Jun 27, 2013 Gaithersburg (MD) Gazette
added Jul 6, 2013 11:53
Greenbelt housing co-op now allows residents to implement ban
Jul 6, 2013 Gaithersburg (MD) Gazette
added Jul 6, 2013 11:31
Jul 5, 2013 KRTK TV ABC13 (Houston, TX)
added Jul 5, 2013 16:49
I read an interesting article about laws that are being passed in different parts of the country where smoking is not allowed in rental units. Beside the laws we are seeing more and more landlords that are not allowing it, and with good reason.
Jul 2, 2013 Wicked Local (MA)
added Jul 4, 2013 16:23
The improper disposal of smoking materials caused a blaze that destroyed a southwest Omaha apartment building on Friday, fire officials have concluded. Assistant Fire Chief Dan Stolinski said Monday that a cigarette stubbed out in potting soil reignited
Jul 2, 2013 Omaha (NE) World Herald
added Jul 3, 2013 11:36