Sort by: Date added | Date Published | Most Viewed

Headlines Tagged with Real Estate 2,311 headlines found

4 Views

[Illinois] Knox County Housing Authority looking at going smoke-free at sites

The Knox County Housing Authority heard a presentation from the Knox County Health Department on Tuesday about working toward making all KCHA residences smoke free. KCHA Executive Director Derek Antoine said, at this point, he doesn't expect the change
Galesburg (IL) Register-Mail
added Mar 27, 2013 09:28
11 Views

[California] Santa Monica City Council Opposes Bill To Criminalize Smoking Indoors

when a freshman assemblyman recently introduced a bill to potentially allow landlords to evict a tenant for smoking in a multi-unit property, the Santa Monica council cried foul. For the final topic of council’s Tuesday special meeting, Council member Ke
Santa Monica (CA) Mirror
added Mar 25, 2013 17:12
1 View

[Washington] Cigarette likely cause of four-plex deck fire

Before firefighters arrived, a barbecue propane tank exploded on the deck
Mukilteo (WA) Beacon
added Mar 25, 2013 16:58
5 Views

[California] Is It Time to Ban Smoking in Marin's Apartments and Condos?

A state Assembly bill from former San Rafael City Councilman Marc Levine proposes to do exactly that.
Patch.org
added Mar 25, 2013 16:32
5 Views

[California] Marin Assemblyman Levine draws attention with bill cracking down on smoking in multi-family housing

LEGISLATION THAT would ban smoking in California apartment, condominium and townhouse complexes has garnered freshman Assemblyman Marc Levine plenty of attention, most positive; but not all.
Marin (CA) Independent Journal
added Mar 24, 2013 15:45
7 Views

[Massachusetts] Bill would ban smoking in apartments

Mr. Bowen has had state Rep. Jennifer E. Benson, D-Lunenburg, file a bill that would limit smoking to detached single-family homes. The first two bills were recommended to be studied, or to die quietly. This time around, Mr. Bowen said, he hopes anti-smo
Worcester (MA) Telegram & Gazette
added Mar 18, 2013 09:45
11 Views

[Massachusetts] Cigarette causes Ware apartment fire, sends woman to hospital

Three people displaced, one in the hospital ... a woman forgot to put out her cigarette. It started a fire which caused the woman's home oxygen tank to explode.
WWLP-22News (Springfield, MA)
added Mar 18, 2013 09:28
1 View

[Maine] Cigarette blamed for apartment house fire that left 9 homeless in Jay

A discarded cigarette is being blamed for an afternoon fire Saturday that burned a three-story apartment house at 39 Church St., leaving nine people homeless. ... “It started on the back porch on the first floor,” Booker said. “And it spread quickly.”
Bangor (ME) Daily News
added Mar 17, 2013 12:36
1 View

[Maine] Cigarette blamed for apartment house fire in Jay

JAY -- A discarded cigarette is being blamed for an apartment house fire in Jay that left nine people without a home.
AP - Associated Press
added Mar 17, 2013 11:12
14 Views

[California] Editorial: Renters deserve relief from smoking

One person's smoke invading a neighbor's apartment or condo is not just a nuisance in the way that excessive noise at 3 a.m. is a nuisance. It is a health hazard and should not be allowed. Levine is on the right track with AB 746.
Sacramento (CA) Bee
added Mar 17, 2013 10:27
Sign up for daily headlines All Headlines Featured Headlines U.S. Headlines International Headlines