Headlines Tagged with Real Estate — 2,299 headlines found
North Shore Towers is going smoke-free after shareholders took a vote to banish the habit on the 110-acre premises. The three building co-op located at 27240 Grand Central Pkwy. in Glen Oaks will ban lighting up in each of its 1,844 units.
Dec 30, 2016 Queens (NY) Times-Ledger Newspapers
added Dec 30, 2016 16:02
The plaintiff suffered an ankle fracture descending from a second-story balcony to escape the blaze, which erupted when actively flowing medical oxygen in the unit below was ignited due to the tenant dropping a lit cigarette.
Dec 22, 2016 Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly
added Dec 26, 2016 18:12
In Charleston, state health officials already have been conducting educational programs in public housing complexes on the dangers of smoking, and those meetings have been well attended, Charleston Housing Authority Executive Director Don Cameron said.
Dec 26, 2016 Charleston (SC) Post & Courier
added Dec 26, 2016 16:48
Officials said one person was killed and 20 were displaced by an apartment fire in Pottstown overnight. That adult victim was found in a room on the second floor according to Fire Chief Richard Lengel.
Dec 23, 2016 NBC Philadelphia (NBC Local Media)
added Dec 23, 2016 20:16
[New York] Northwell Health, NYC Smoke-Free Assist North Shore Towers in Becoming NY’s Largest Private Coop to Go Smoke-Free
Cigarettes have been extinguished forever at North Shore Towers and Country Club after shareholders of the 1,844-unit Queens cooperative voted overwhelmingly to protect residents from the dangers of secondhand smoke by prohibiting lighting up anywhere on
Dec 19, 2016 Patch.org
added Dec 20, 2016 22:18
The North Shore Towers is banning cigarette smoke in its nearly 1900 units and 110-acre property. It’s the largest private cooperative in the nation to do so. "We are a prime example of what can happen when people come together and work together," says r
Dec 19, 2016 NY1 (Time Warner Cable)
added Dec 20, 2016 16:50
The new laws could affect your life in the strata scheme significantly – and positively. For the first time, the legislation includes smoking as a potential nuisance or hazard – a move that the 93 per cent of NSW adults who already live in smoke-free hou
Dec 20, 2016 Sydney Morning Herald (au)
added Dec 19, 2016 19:54
The Dec. 13 fire that left more than 100 people homeless in Langley City was the result of smoking, City fire chief Rory Thompson said in an email to City council members. "We have concluded our investigation which was conducted with the insurance comp
Dec 18, 2016 Surrey (BC) Leader (ca)
added Dec 18, 2016 19:22
PETOSKEY — ...when fire crews arrived on the scene they discovered that there was no fire but an electronic cigarette that had been sitting on a dresser in a bedroom had overheated, causing the smoke.
Dec 15, 2016 Petoskey (MI) News-Review
added Dec 17, 2016 06:47
IV. Responses to Comments... Commenters also asked HUD for additional insight into their rationale for a 25-foot perimeter. A group of commenters, however, supported the perimeter and even requested that HUD expand the outdoor restrictions. Some state
Nov 29, 2016 US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
added Dec 2, 2016 22:59