Sort by: Date added | Date Published | Most Viewed

Headlines Tagged with Real Estate 2,295 headlines found

0 Views

[Nebraska] Lincoln apartment fire blamed on careless smoking

Officials say careless smoking caused a fire that destroyed a Lincoln apartment building.
Omaha (NE) World Herald
added Nov 25, 2012 11:55
0 Views

[Australia] Wollongong apartments to vote on smoking

Residents at Fairways, a large complex in Bank Street, are considering creating a bylaw to ban smoking across the entire precinct, including the balconies, the common areas and car park.
Illawarra (NSW) Mercury (au)
added Nov 23, 2012 11:30
7 Views

[Uae, Uae: Dubai] JLT fire brings cigarette butt disposal into focus

The fire in a Jumeirah Lake Towers apartment has once again raised the question of people throwing cigarette butts from their apartment balconies. Emirates 247 spoke to several residents who have called upon officials to impose stricter penalties for di
Emirates 24|7 (ae)
added Nov 18, 2012 13:02
4 Views

[Florida] ETHERIDGE: Guest Column

The Santa Rosa County Tobacco-Free Coalition is working to educate multi-unit housing property owners and residents on the benefits of adopting smokefree policies. These benefits include improved health outcomes for tenants, lower costs to owners, and de
Santa Rosa Free Press/Santa Rosa Press Gazette (Milton, FL)
added Nov 14, 2012 05:59
3 Views

[Florida] Plantation complex, residents seek to recover after cigarette-sparked blaze

The smoker will not be facing any charges, said Plantation Fire Battalion Chief Joel Gordon said. "There was nothing malicious about it," Gordon said. "It was an unfortunate accident."
Ft. Lauderdale (FL) Sun-Sentinel
added Nov 13, 2012 02:51
2 Views

[Florida] Smoking in bed starts fire that forces 25 families to evacuate

The state fire marshal ruled that the fire was caused by careless smoking. "The occupant of apartment 316 admitted to smoking earlier [in] the location where the fire appeared to originate," according to Battalion Chief Joel Gordon. "There was a delay in
Ft. Lauderdale (FL) Sun-Sentinel
added Nov 11, 2012 21:39
2 Views

[Florida] Smoking Causes Early Morning Blaze Leaving Nine Plantation Families Homeless

According to investigators, the occupant of apartment 316 admitted to smoking earlier, the location where the fire appeared to originate. There was a delay in calling 9-1-1 as the occupant tried to extinguish the fire himself. Firefighters arrived sho
BrowardNet.com
added Nov 11, 2012 21:38
4 Views

[Indiana] EDITORIAL: Letting the smoke settle

Certainly some residents will feel their rights are being stubbed out along with their cigarettes when a smoking ban takes effect on Jan. 1 at housing units owned by the Fort Wayne Housing Authority. But there usually are strings attached to government a
Fort Wayne (IN) Journal-Gazette
added Nov 10, 2012 15:45
7 Views

[Wisconsin] Smoke drifts into neighbors' apartments ($$)

Kenosha (WI) News
added Nov 6, 2012 07:26
15 Views

[Washington] EDITORIAL: Smoke-free public housing good for health, safety and costs

Sorry, smokers, but soon there will be one less place for you to light up: in Tacoma's publicly subsidized housing.
Tacoma (WA) News Tribune
added Nov 5, 2012 11:50
Sign up for daily headlines All Headlines Featured Headlines U.S. Headlines International Headlines