Sort by: Date added | Date Published | Most Viewed

Headlines Tagged with Real Estate 2,417 headlines found

4 Views

[Massachusetts] Careless disposal of cigarette seen as cause of six-alarm Dorchester blaze

Someone's careless disposal of a cigarette was the cause of a six-alarm blaze in Dorchester that caused an estimated $1.2 million in damage and left 30 people homeless, the Boston fire department said today.
Boston (MA) Globe
added Mar 29, 2013 14:25
6 Views

[Massachusetts] Bill eyes smoking ban for apartments condos

A bill sponsored by Rep. Jennifer Benson, D-Lunenburg, would ban smoking in apartments and condos, a prohibition that local housing authorities say would be complicated to implement and lack widespread support. "We have been taking the 'wait and see' att
Lowell (MA) Sun
added Mar 28, 2013 08:57
17 Views

[Massachusetts] Smoking to be banned outside Springfield public housing

For residents of public housing owned by the Springfield Housing Authority , smoking has been banned inside their apartments for the last year. Now, they will no longer be able to smoke outside as well. Starting next week, smoking will be banned on all S
WWLP-22News (Springfield, MA)
added Mar 27, 2013 15:09
4 Views

[Illinois] Knox County Housing Authority looking at going smoke-free at sites

The Knox County Housing Authority heard a presentation from the Knox County Health Department on Tuesday about working toward making all KCHA residences smoke free. KCHA Executive Director Derek Antoine said, at this point, he doesn't expect the change
Galesburg (IL) Register-Mail
added Mar 27, 2013 09:28
11 Views

[California] Santa Monica City Council Opposes Bill To Criminalize Smoking Indoors

when a freshman assemblyman recently introduced a bill to potentially allow landlords to evict a tenant for smoking in a multi-unit property, the Santa Monica council cried foul. For the final topic of council’s Tuesday special meeting, Council member Ke
Santa Monica (CA) Mirror
added Mar 25, 2013 17:12
1 View

[Washington] Cigarette likely cause of four-plex deck fire

Before firefighters arrived, a barbecue propane tank exploded on the deck
Mukilteo (WA) Beacon
added Mar 25, 2013 16:58
5 Views

[California] Is It Time to Ban Smoking in Marin's Apartments and Condos?

A state Assembly bill from former San Rafael City Councilman Marc Levine proposes to do exactly that.
Patch.org
added Mar 25, 2013 16:32
5 Views

[California] Marin Assemblyman Levine draws attention with bill cracking down on smoking in multi-family housing

LEGISLATION THAT would ban smoking in California apartment, condominium and townhouse complexes has garnered freshman Assemblyman Marc Levine plenty of attention, most positive; but not all.
Marin (CA) Independent Journal
added Mar 24, 2013 15:45
7 Views

[Massachusetts] Bill would ban smoking in apartments

Mr. Bowen has had state Rep. Jennifer E. Benson, D-Lunenburg, file a bill that would limit smoking to detached single-family homes. The first two bills were recommended to be studied, or to die quietly. This time around, Mr. Bowen said, he hopes anti-smo
Worcester (MA) Telegram & Gazette
added Mar 18, 2013 09:45
11 Views

[Massachusetts] Cigarette causes Ware apartment fire, sends woman to hospital

Three people displaced, one in the hospital ... a woman forgot to put out her cigarette. It started a fire which caused the woman's home oxygen tank to explode.
WWLP-22News (Springfield, MA)
added Mar 18, 2013 09:28
Sign up for daily headlines All Headlines Featured Headlines U.S. Headlines International Headlines