Headlines Tagged with Real Estate — 2,349 headlines found
People living in townhouses, condominiums and other attached units would be prohibited from smoking indoors under a ban proposed by a state lawmaker - the most sweeping antismoking legislative proposal in the country.
Mar 12, 2013 San Francisco (CA) Chronicle
added Mar 12, 2013 05:41
Now a proposed California law, the most sweeping in the country, would ban all tobacco smoking inside any multiunit residence - apartments, condos, duplexes, townhouses. Single-family detached homes are not included as they don't share walls or ventilati
Mar 11, 2013 San Francisco (CA) Chronicle
added Mar 11, 2013 18:26
Asheville Terrace Apartments, which offers subsidized housing for older adults, plans to ban smoking inside apartments. "We felt very strongly that really it's long overdue for the health of everybody who occupies the dwelling," said Lawrence Gilliam, pr
Mar 11, 2013 Asheville (NC) Citizen-Times
added Mar 11, 2013 02:10
Early yesterday morning, a two-alarm fire broke out on the 12th floor of an Upper East Side apartment building. Nineteen people--10 civilians and nine firefighters--were injured. The FDNY is still investigating, but there's some suspicion it may have bee
Mar 10, 2013 The Gothamist [Blog]
added Mar 10, 2013 12:53
[New York] Smoky Upper East Side high rise blaze injures 13 people, including three firefighters. No serious injuries reported.
Fire marshals are investigating the blaze, which may have been sparked by someone smoking on the 12th floor of the 40-story building at 1763 Second Ave. at 92nd Street.
Mar 10, 2013 New York Post
added Mar 10, 2013 12:49
Fire officials say a cigarette ignited an apartment complex fire that has left at least 12 people without a home.
Mar 10, 2013 WOAI NBC Channel 4 (San Antonio, TX)
added Mar 10, 2013 12:30
[Uae: Dubai] Balcony, cigarette-butt fire hazard biggest threat to building safety: Dubai Police fire expert
55 fires occurred in Dubai during first 11 months of 2012 because of burning objects falling from upper floors
Mar 10, 2013 Emirates 24|7 (ae)
added Mar 10, 2013 12:12
The fire started around 5:45 p.m. Saturday, at the Ashton at Oyster Point complex on Constance Dr.,near I-64 & J Clyde Morris. Fire Chief Stephen Pincus says the fire started on a second floor balcony from an improperly disposed cigarette.
Mar 9, 2013 WVEC-TV 13 (Norfolk, VA)
added Mar 10, 2013 13:01
Mar 9, 2013 DNAinfo
added Mar 10, 2013 12:51
Spencer Tegtmeyer said he only smokes in his bedroom, and has an air filter installed in his condo. When a neighbor complained about smoke seeping into her apartment, Tegtmeyer said he sealed any air leaks in his room. However, association bylaws state
Mar 8, 2013 KMOV-TV (St. Louis, MO)
added Mar 9, 2013 20:44