Sort by: Date added | Date Published | Most Viewed

Headlines Tagged with Real Estate 2,336 headlines found

4 Views

[New York] UES Fire May Have Been Caused By Cigarette On Mattress

Early yesterday morning, a two-alarm fire broke out on the 12th floor of an Upper East Side apartment building. Nineteen people--10 civilians and nine firefighters--were injured. The FDNY is still investigating, but there's some suspicion it may have bee
The Gothamist [Blog]
added Mar 10, 2013 12:53
2 Views

[New York] Smoky Upper East Side high rise blaze injures 13 people, including three firefighters. No serious injuries reported.

Fire marshals are investigating the blaze, which may have been sparked by someone smoking on the 12th floor of the 40-story building at 1763 Second Ave. at 92nd Street.
New York Post
added Mar 10, 2013 12:49
3 Views

[Texas] SAFD: Cigarette ignites apartment fire

Fire officials say a cigarette ignited an apartment complex fire that has left at least 12 people without a home.
WOAI NBC Channel 4 (San Antonio, TX)
added Mar 10, 2013 12:30
3 Views

[Uae: Dubai] Balcony, cigarette-butt fire hazard biggest threat to building safety: Dubai Police fire expert

55 fires occurred in Dubai during first 11 months of 2012 because of burning objects falling from upper floors
Emirates 24|7 (ae)
added Mar 10, 2013 12:12
2 Views

[Virginia] 22 people lose homes in Newport News apartment fire sparked by cigarette

The fire started around 5:45 p.m. Saturday, at the Ashton at Oyster Point complex on Constance Dr.,near I-64 & J Clyde Morris. Fire Chief Stephen Pincus says the fire started on a second floor balcony from an improperly disposed cigarette.
WVEC-TV 13 (Norfolk, VA)
added Mar 10, 2013 13:01
2 Views

[New York] 19 Hospitalized After High-Rise Fire on Upper East Side

DNAinfo
added Mar 10, 2013 12:51
4 Views

[Missouri] St. Peters man says new rule would ban smoking in condo he owns

Spencer Tegtmeyer said he only smokes in his bedroom, and has an air filter installed in his condo. When a neighbor complained about smoke seeping into her apartment, Tegtmeyer said he sealed any air leaks in his room. However, association bylaws state
KMOV-TV (St. Louis, MO)
added Mar 9, 2013 20:44
1 View

[Missouri] Cigarette Sparks Massive Apartment Complex Fire

An intense three alarm fire early this morning at an apartment complex near Creve Coeur sends two people to the hospital and leaves behind serious damage.
KTVI myfox St. Louis (MO)
added Mar 8, 2013 06:23
3 Views

[Missouri] Man Falls Asleep While Smoking, Fire Sends 2 To The Hospital

Fire district spokesman Jerry McQueen tells Patch 12 twelve apartments in the complex were evacuated and two people, one resident and a firefighter were sent to the hospital. Both have been treated and released.
Patch.org
added Mar 7, 2013 15:12
3 Views

[Missouri] Update: Discarded cigarette blamed in Mission apartment fire

Damage was estimated at $250,000, with four units sustaining heavy damage and four others sustaining light or moderate damage.
KMBC-Ch. 9 (Kansas City, MO)
added Mar 7, 2013 04:16
Sign up for daily headlines All Headlines Featured Headlines U.S. Headlines International Headlines