Headlines Tagged with Real Estate — 2,349 headlines found
Is this good legislation? We asked our Housing Huddle panel, made up of six local real estate insiders, what they think.
Mar 29, 2013 U-T San Diego [San Diego Union Tribune]
added Apr 2, 2013 08:42
A fire in Oneida County that displaced about 30 people was apparently caused by a cigarette that wasn't fully put out, News Channel 9 reported. Firefighters were on the scene of the large apartment fire in Boonville for several hours Thursday.
Mar 29, 2013 Syracuse (NY) Post-Standard
added Mar 29, 2013 14:35
Someone's careless disposal of a cigarette was the cause of a six-alarm blaze in Dorchester that caused an estimated $1.2 million in damage and left 30 people homeless, the Boston fire department said today.
Mar 29, 2013 Boston (MA) Globe
added Mar 29, 2013 14:25
A bill sponsored by Rep. Jennifer Benson, D-Lunenburg, would ban smoking in apartments and condos, a prohibition that local housing authorities say would be complicated to implement and lack widespread support. "We have been taking the 'wait and see' att
Mar 28, 2013 Lowell (MA) Sun
added Mar 28, 2013 08:57
For residents of public housing owned by the Springfield Housing Authority , smoking has been banned inside their apartments for the last year. Now, they will no longer be able to smoke outside as well. Starting next week, smoking will be banned on all S
Mar 27, 2013 WWLP-22News (Springfield, MA)
added Mar 27, 2013 15:09
The Knox County Housing Authority heard a presentation from the Knox County Health Department on Tuesday about working toward making all KCHA residences smoke free. KCHA Executive Director Derek Antoine said, at this point, he doesn't expect the change
Mar 27, 2013 Galesburg (IL) Register-Mail
added Mar 27, 2013 09:28
when a freshman assemblyman recently introduced a bill to potentially allow landlords to evict a tenant for smoking in a multi-unit property, the Santa Monica council cried foul. For the final topic of council’s Tuesday special meeting, Council member Ke
Mar 25, 2013 Santa Monica (CA) Mirror
added Mar 25, 2013 17:12
Before firefighters arrived, a barbecue propane tank exploded on the deck
Mar 25, 2013 Mukilteo (WA) Beacon
added Mar 25, 2013 16:58
A state Assembly bill from former San Rafael City Councilman Marc Levine proposes to do exactly that.
Mar 25, 2013 Patch.org
added Mar 25, 2013 16:32
[California] Marin Assemblyman Levine draws attention with bill cracking down on smoking in multi-family housing
LEGISLATION THAT would ban smoking in California apartment, condominium and townhouse complexes has garnered freshman Assemblyman Marc Levine plenty of attention, most positive; but not all.
Mar 24, 2013 Marin (CA) Independent Journal
added Mar 24, 2013 15:45