Sort by: Date added | Date Published | Most Viewed

Headlines Tagged with Real Estate 2,305 headlines found

3 Views

[Florida] 'Careless smoking' causes apartment fire, 23 displaced

A cigarette butt is being cited as the cause of an early Tuesday morning fire that left 23 occupants of an Halstead Boulevard apartment building displaced.
Tallahassee (FL) Democrat
added Nov 28, 2012 04:44
3 Views

[North Carolina] Condo fire started by cigarette in a trash can

The fire made 12 units uninhabitable at the Oakgrove Crossing condominiums at 3471 Forestdale Drive.
Burlington (NC) Times-News
added Nov 28, 2012 04:02
5 Views

[Florida] 'Careless smoking' the cause of fire that displaced 23

"careless smoking" was the cause of an early morning apartment fire that caused an estimated $1 million in damage and displaced 23 people. A resident did not completely put out a lit cigarette they placed on the porch, said Bellamy.
Tallahassee (FL) Democrat
added Nov 27, 2012 12:28
2 Views

[Nevada] Careless smoking may be to blame for fatal apartment fire

the Las Vegas Fire Department says the fires at the Alpine Village Apartments on near Charleston and Decatur along with two other large apartment fires appear to be caused mostly by careless smoking. Apartments are supposed to be up to code on fire safety
KSNV-TV NBC News 3 (Las Vegas, NV)
added Nov 27, 2012 12:51
0 Views

[Nebraska] Lincoln apartment fire blamed on careless smoking

Officials say careless smoking caused a fire that destroyed a Lincoln apartment building.
Omaha (NE) World Herald
added Nov 25, 2012 11:55
0 Views

[Australia] Wollongong apartments to vote on smoking

Residents at Fairways, a large complex in Bank Street, are considering creating a bylaw to ban smoking across the entire precinct, including the balconies, the common areas and car park.
Illawarra (NSW) Mercury (au)
added Nov 23, 2012 11:30
3 Views

[Tennessee] East Nashville apartment complex fire started by cigarette

Eight apartments damaged
The Tennessean
added Dec 4, 2012 03:10
7 Views

[Uae, Uae: Dubai] JLT fire brings cigarette butt disposal into focus

The fire in a Jumeirah Lake Towers apartment has once again raised the question of people throwing cigarette butts from their apartment balconies. Emirates 247 spoke to several residents who have called upon officials to impose stricter penalties for di
Emirates 24|7 (ae)
added Nov 18, 2012 13:02
4 Views

[Florida] ETHERIDGE: Guest Column

The Santa Rosa County Tobacco-Free Coalition is working to educate multi-unit housing property owners and residents on the benefits of adopting smokefree policies. These benefits include improved health outcomes for tenants, lower costs to owners, and de
Santa Rosa Free Press/Santa Rosa Press Gazette (Milton, FL)
added Nov 14, 2012 05:59
3 Views

[Florida] Plantation complex, residents seek to recover after cigarette-sparked blaze

The smoker will not be facing any charges, said Plantation Fire Battalion Chief Joel Gordon said. "There was nothing malicious about it," Gordon said. "It was an unfortunate accident."
Ft. Lauderdale (FL) Sun-Sentinel
added Nov 13, 2012 02:51
Sign up for daily headlines All Headlines Featured Headlines U.S. Headlines International Headlines