Sort by: Date added | Date Published | Most Viewed

Headlines Tagged with Opinion/Surveys 19,685 headlines found

4 Views

[California] Will cigarette recycling cans encourage smoking?

University officials struggled with the message cigarette recycling receptacles would send. “We don’t want to encourage smoking,” Nick Kordesch, S.F. State University Sustainability Coordinator, told me. “But we don’t want to turn our existing smokers in
San Francisco (CA) Examiner
added Mar 31, 2016 16:01
5 Views

Students in Northern Kentucky more likely to use marijuana, vapors than cigarettes, survey says

Students in Greater Cincinnati, including Northern Kentucky, are more likely to use marijuana and electronic vapor products than cigarettes, according to a drug-use survey of students in the region. The survey found that students in the area were most l
Kentucky Health News (blog)
added Mar 29, 2016 23:02
4 Views

[UK-Scotland] Poll shows pub smoking rooms big draw for Scots ($$)

MOST Scots would support the creation of smoking rooms in pubs and clubs, according to a poll published on the 10th anniversary of the ban on lighting up in public places. Campaign body Action on Smoking and Health (Ash) Scotland said research by Aberde
Times Of London (uk)
added Mar 27, 2016 02:42
2 Views

[UK-Scotland] Ten years on, has Scotland's smoking ban been a success?

And yet according to a survey produced by a pro-smoking group this week, over half of adults living in Scotland think pubs and private members’ clubs, including working men’s clubs, should be allowed to provide a well-ventilated designated smoking room t
Dundee Courier (uk)
added Mar 27, 2016 02:49
2 Views

[UK-Scotland] Ten years on from the smoking ban: Was it the right decision?

Saturday will see its tenth anniversary, so what do the main players in the Battle of the Baccy think of the bill's impact on Scotland...Duffy...described the law as a "real victory" for the public against the corporate tobacco industry....Simon Clark
STV (uk)
added Mar 27, 2016 00:44
2 Views

[New Zealand] Turn-off: yellow-brown and green smokes

Otago University researchers and colleagues in Australia tested reactions of smokers to cigarettes in unattractive colours, such as yellow-brown and green, or carrying health warnings. "We found that smokers were significantly less likely to choose the
New Zealand Herald (nz)
added Aug 4, 2016 21:00
15 Views

why is vice ditching its anti-smoking past to work for philip morris?

More perplexing is why Vice would take the risk of damaging its reputation and image with such a business partnership, particularly since the media company first made its name in marketing through its work with the American Legacy Foundation's (now called
Truth Initiative (American Legacy Foundation)
added Mar 23, 2016 00:15
6 Views

Less Than 3 Percent of Americans Live a Healthy Lifestyle

Do you get a moderate amount of exercise, eat right, keep from piling on fat and avoid smoking? Congratulations, you're among the 2.7 percent of Americans who do so, according to a new study. Researchers say that, unfortunately, the other 97.3 percent of
HealthDay [HealthScout]
added Mar 23, 2016 00:14
15 Views

[Asia-pacific, Malaysia] Tobacco factory closure bodes ill for M'sia

YOURSAY | ‘This will lead to high prices and low profits, and more companies will close.’
Malaysiakini (my)
added Mar 20, 2016 20:39
9 Views

Gallup Poll: Majority of Adults Favor E-Cigarette Rules

As the tobacco industry waits for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to release its final deeming rule affecting electronic cigarettes, a new Gallup poll found most adults are in favor of some type of product regulation. Specifically, 60 percent said
Convenience Store News
added Mar 26, 2016 22:14
Sign up for daily headlines All Headlines Featured Headlines U.S. Headlines International Headlines