Sort by: Date added | Date Published | Most Viewed

Headlines Tagged with North Carolina 6,865 headlines found

15 Views

[North Carolina] Phelps being sent to prison in West Virginia

Phelps will begin his sentence May 19. He must also pay $5.1 million in restitution. Phelps once owned Alternative Brands Inc., Renegade Holdings Inc., Renegade Tobacco Co. and Cutting Edge Enterprises Inc. All are now defunct.
Winston-Salem (NC) Journal
added Apr 27, 2014 14:39
21 Views

[North Carolina] Altria sells idled N.C. cigarette plant for $68.5 million

Philip Morris USA, has sold a North Carolina cigarette plant it idled in 2009. Richmond, Va.-based Altria Group Inc. said Monday that the property in Cabarrus County was sold last week to Victory Industrial Park LLC.
AP - Associated Press
added Apr 14, 2014 12:02
12 Views

[North Carolina] Sticking with tobacco: Some NC family farms still see crop as key

buyout payments, or Tobacco Transition Payments as they’re officially known, end this year. About three weeks ago, tobacco growers and former tobacco quota holders received roughly 95 percent of their anticipated buyout payment. The remaining 5 percent w
Orangeburg (SC) Times & Democrat
added Apr 14, 2014 00:34
15 Views

[North Carolina] Filmmaker responds to charges in Reynolds case

won’t talk about whether he tried to get cigarette manufacturer R.J. Reynolds to give him $15,000 he intended to use to fund his horror movie. The accusation is the subject of an indictment filed last week. In
Winston-Salem (NC) Journal
added Apr 10, 2014 12:20
23 Views

[North Carolina] Tobacco companies respond to CDC report on e-cigarette poisionings

Jason Healy, the president of e-cigarette manufacturer Blu eCigs, told ABC News the report is part of “an ongoing attack on the e-cigs industry by various anti-smoking groups.” “The product is for adult smokers, and therefore the responsibility for chil
Business Journal of the Greater Triad Area
added Apr 7, 2014 16:58
8 Views

[North Carolina] CONGRESSIONAL LETTER TO SECRETARY OF THE NAVY RAY MABUS (PDF)

should be spent on paying for nicotine replacement therapy products instead of addressing the readiness, operations, and maintenance ... demonizing those who chose to do so undermines personal freedom
US Congressman Richard Hudson (R-NC)
added Apr 7, 2014 13:37
12 Views

[North Carolina] Traditional tobacco going up in smoke

Policy director Roxanne Elliott of FirstHealth Richmond Memorial Hospital said it modified its tobacco-free environment policy in May 2012 to include electronic cigarettes as tobacco products, prohibiting their use anywhere inside or outside on the groun
Richmond County (NC) Daily Journal
added Apr 8, 2014 11:28
2 Views

[North Carolina] Hudson Defends Servicemembers' Right to Tobacco

"Each and every day, our servicemen and women risk their lives, devoting themselves fully to defending the United States in the face of growing national security threats. The fact that a ban on sales of a legal product is even being considered is absurd
US Congressman Richard Hudson (R-NC)
added Apr 7, 2014 13:08
9 Views

[North Carolina] UPDATE: CDC report highlights poisoning risk from liquid nicotine in e-cigs

“This study must serve as a wake-up call – not just to parents to keep this e-liquid out of the hands of their children, but also to adult users to take extreme precaution when coming into contact with this liquid.” Bill Godshall, executive director of S
Winston-Salem (NC) Journal
added Apr 4, 2014 15:27
66 Views

[Florida, North Carolina] Filmmaker charged with trying to extort R.J. Reynolds

Joseph Patrick Kelly is accused of threatening to release some footage he shot for Reynolds of a mock trial, unless the company donated $15,000 to a Kickstarter campaign for a horror film ... "Well, from the photos attached you can probably see some impo
Winston-Salem (NC) Journal
added Apr 4, 2014 15:24
Sign up for daily headlines All Headlines Featured Headlines U.S. Headlines International Headlines