Headlines Tagged with Nevada — 1,467 headlines found
A year ago, a 32-year-old Las Vegas man walked into a southeast valley vape store, bought a Samsung battery for his e-cigarette and went shopping with a friend. Later the same day, the battery exploded in Kendall Tanouye’s pocket, sending him to the hos
Jul 26, 2016 Las Vegas Review-Journal
added Jul 26, 2016 17:02
The fire at a Gardnerville townhouse complex that displaced more than 30 people was caused by cigarette butts that ignited juniper bushes...several different brands of cigarette butts were found discarded in juniper bushes at the complex at 1375 Lampe Dr.
Jun 17, 2016 KRNV News 4 (Reno, NV)
added Jun 19, 2016 21:49
People throwing cigarettes into juniper bushes are being blamed for a fire that severely damaged a residential complex in Gardnerville...The American Red Cross is assisting approximately 30 people who were displaced.
Jun 17, 2016 KOLO Newschannel 8 (Reno, NV)
added Jun 19, 2016 21:47
30 people in Gardnerville are counting their blessings after a fire ripped through their apartment complex on the evening of Tuesday, June 15, 2016.
Jun 15, 2016 KOLO Newschannel 8 (Reno, NV)
added Jun 19, 2016 21:47
A key aim of World No Tobacco Day is to educate people about the work WHO undertakes in fighting the global tobacco epidemic. A large part of this work is educating the public about the manipulative tactics tobacco companies continue to use to “dupe” peo
May 27, 2016 Reno (NV) Gazette-Journal
added May 27, 2016 18:52
I haven’t had a cigarette in 25 years, but I remember smoking on airplanes, in airports, in elevators, in movie theaters, at restaurants and at ball games. I think some churches even had smoking sections. This was a good 20 years after the “Mad Men” era
May 22, 2016 Elko (NV) Daily Free Press
added May 22, 2016 19:45
The Mesquite Citizens for Clean Indoor Air met last week at the 1880 Grille at Sun City with nearly 100 people in attendance to celebrate the one-year anniversary of the passage of New Orleans Clean Indoor Air Law and to discuss the progress of current e
May 9, 2016 The Spectrum (St. George, UT)
added May 9, 2016 19:55
I participated in a community roundtable discussion ... With more than one-third of Mesquite’s workforce employed in bars and casinos, where indoor smoking is permitted... I worked as a Nevada bartender for 17 years. In 2011, I was diagnosed with stage 4
May 5, 2016 The Spectrum (St. George, UT)
added May 5, 2016 21:37
They said in a statement: "School officials will investigate the situation and take appropriate action, including reminding those who wish to smoke that they must stay off school property and keep both feet on the public right-of-way."
Apr 29, 2016 KTNV-TV ABC 13 (Las Vegas, NV)
added May 1, 2016 19:27