Headlines Tagged with Michigan — 3,572 headlines found
A 19-year-old is in critical condition after inhaling a substance from an e-cigarette. The call came in Monday afternoon from Journey High School in Scottville.
May 19, 2015 WWTV/WWUP-TV 9&10 News 40/49 (Cadillac, MI)
added May 19, 2015 16:12
[Canada, Michigan] Driver says he's trucking beans and rice, but border officers find $1.7 million in tobacco
Canada Border Services Agency officers seized more than 30,000 pounds of loose tobacco at the Ambassador Bridge, officials said. Officers discovered the tobacco Jan. 10 during a secondary inspection of a commercial truck bound for a location in southern
Jan 16, 2013 Palm Springs (CA) Desert Sun
added Jan 17, 2013 15:26
A bill is being introduced in the Michigan House that would make some changes to the state's smoking ban to allow for a little more leeway in how restaurants, bars, and private clubs can operate. State Representative Doug Geiss says that the ban we have
Apr 19, 2013 WKZO 590 AM (Kalamazoo, MI)
added Apr 19, 2013 13:40
A recently proposed ordinance in the Ann Arbor City Council would ban smoking near bus stops and city building entrances — a move that public health advocates say would cut down on instances of second hand smoke and protect non-smokers.
Feb 9, 2014 Michigan Daily [U. of Michigan]
added Feb 10, 2014 15:32
The 2012-2013 Grand Valley State University Student Senate passed a resolution to create designated smoking areas throughout the GVSU campus at its final meeting Thursday.
Apr 7, 2013 Grand Valley Lanthorn (Grand Valley State University, MI)
added Apr 8, 2013 11:14
However, this editorial board warns the policy review group that a complete ban of smoking on campus would most likely cause more problems. While it might seem like a trendy thing to do, considering places like the University of Michigan have it in pla
Nov 19, 2012 Central Michigan Life
added Nov 19, 2012 15:46
The Ann Arbor Fire Department responded to a fire in the Emergency Room of the University of Michigan Hospital late Saturday that injured two people. The cause of the blaze: An intoxicated patient smoking an imaginary cigarette in a bed in one room of t
Oct 21, 2012 Ann Arbor.com
added Oct 22, 2012 06:53
Jan 12, 2009 AP - Associated Press
added Jan 12, 2009 00:00
Freedom shouldn’t mean it’s OK to blow fumes into in my face, make my clothes stink and then expect me — through ever-higher insurance rates — to help pay the hospital bills caused by avoidable addiction.
Dec 21, 2014 Midland (MI) Daily News
added Dec 22, 2014 01:23
Michigan may not sue an Indian tribe to shut down a casino opened far from the tribe’s reservation...The ruling, Justice Clarence Thomas wrote in dissent, “renders the tribes largely litigation-proof” for activities as varied as gambling, cigarette sales,
May 28, 2014 New York Times
added May 28, 2014 14:09