Headlines Tagged with Maine — 1,388 headlines found
Employees, patients and visitors are included in the ban as the hospital tries to expel second-hand smoke.
May 29, 2013 Portland (ME) Press-Herald
added May 29, 2013 08:49
Four weeks after a downtown restaurant owner launched a campaign to get cigarette butts off the street, the unsightly stubs have resprouted. Mike Roylos, owner of the Spartan Grill, financed a two-day butt pickup earlier this month, offering 5 cents a b
May 27, 2013 Portland (ME) Press-Herald
added May 27, 2013 14:31
Gov. Paul LePage has vetoed a bill that would ban smoking on all public university and college campuses in Maine, saying he'd rather see a bill to "outlaw tobacco altogether" than a patchwork approach.
May 22, 2013 Portland (ME) Press-Herald
added May 22, 2013 07:42
"Husson is committed to providing a healthy working and learning environment for the entire campus community,"said university President Robert Clark. "The simple reason we are doing this is to reduce harm from tobacco use and secondhand smoke, provide an
May 3, 2013 University Herald
added May 4, 2013 13:34
He came up with the "No Butts Now" campaign. He supplies a basket of baggies for the public to collect cigarette butts in Monument Square. Using donations from grateful customers, Roylos will buy the butts back for five cents a piece,
May 1, 2013 WLBZ 2 (Bangor, ME)
added May 3, 2013 03:00
A Saturday night fire that appears to have started when nail polish remover was ignited by a lit cigarette destroyed a trailer home on Ridgeview Lane, according to the local fire chief.
Apr 28, 2013 Bangor (ME) Daily News
added Apr 28, 2013 19:25
With any form of lupus, according to the Lupus Foundation of America, passive smoking, or regular exposure to secondhand smoke, increases the risk of pneumococcal pneumonia and chronic bronchitis in a nonsmoker. USM courageously made a prudent decision t
Apr 22, 2013 University of Southern Maine
added Apr 23, 2013 13:15
A discarded cigarette is being blamed for an afternoon fire Saturday that burned a three-story apartment house at 39 Church St., leaving nine people homeless. ... “It started on the back porch on the first floor,” Booker said. “And it spread quickly.”
Mar 17, 2013 Bangor (ME) Daily News
added Mar 17, 2013 12:36
JAY -- A discarded cigarette is being blamed for an apartment house fire in Jay that left nine people without a home.
Mar 17, 2013 AP - Associated Press
added Mar 17, 2013 11:12
Philip Morris USA Inc. and Altria Group Inc. on Tuesday asked a federal judge to deny certification to a class of smokers in a lawsuit accusing the companies of deceiving customers about tar and nicotine levels in their "light" cigarettes.
Mar 13, 2013 Law360
added Mar 14, 2013 16:41