Headlines Tagged with Hospitals/Medical facilities — 3,905 headlines found
One of the two patients to survive gave evidence that a recently admitted drug addict was going through withdrawal and constantly breaching a smoking ban, investigators said. “I think the fire started because one of the patients often used to enjoy cigar
Apr 27, 2013 AFP - Agence France Presse (fr)
added Apr 26, 2013 22:26
Investigators have not confirmed the story about the smoker and are also looking into other potential causes including arson and an electrical fault. But they say they believe the initial source of the fire was a sofa in the common room.
Apr 27, 2013 The Independent (uk)
added Apr 26, 2013 22:24
According to the country's health ministry, the implementation of the law will focus on enforcing smoking ban in agencies, government offices, schools, hospitals and a number of public places as well as regulating cigarette advertisement, promotion and f
Apr 25, 2013 Xinhua Newswire
added Apr 25, 2013 12:29
Ever since Central Washington Hospital banned smoking on its Wenatchee campus in February, smokers have made their way to a sidewalk to light up. Residents of the Fuller Street neighborhood now say they have to put up with cigarette butts and the sight o
Apr 24, 2013 Vancouver (WA) Columbian
added Apr 25, 2013 12:27
Smoking is responsible for 8.9 percent of admissions to Greek state hospitals, according to the conclusions of a conference held on April 18 at Hypatia Megaron. The conference was organized by the Ministry of Health’s National Committee for the Control of
Apr 19, 2013 Greek Reporter
added Apr 19, 2013 13:30
* Number of adult asthma patients needing urgent treatment has fallen by 6,000 since smoking ban * Emergency admissions for heart attacks and childhood asthma-related problems have also fallen
Apr 16, 2013 The Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday (uk)
added Apr 16, 2013 02:35
A HOSPITAL has been forced to shelve controversial plans to build smoking shelters for patients and staff. It comes after national NHS policy leaders issued guidance that all hospitals should stick to a blanket ban on the smoking habit in their grounds.
Apr 15, 2013 Stoke Sentinel (This Is Staffordshire) (uk)
added Apr 15, 2013 07:26
A 65-year-old former Lebanon man died April 4, a day after sustaining significant burns while smoking a cigarette at a North Annville Township assisted-living facility.
Apr 12, 2013 Lebanon (PA) Daily News
added Apr 12, 2013 13:20
It happened at the Destinations at Valley View Active Adult Living facility just before 4 p.m. on the 1600 block of Valley View Boulevard, near Oakey Boulevard.
Apr 10, 2013 KTNV-TV ABC 13 (Las Vegas, NV)
added Apr 11, 2013 15:21
A study to investigate whether a hospital-initiated behavioral therapy program conducted in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) can reduce secondhand smoke in homes with infants at risk for pulmonary problems has been launched by researchers at The Un
Apr 10, 2013 University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth)
added Apr 11, 2013 14:52