Headlines Tagged with Hospitals/Medical facilities — 3,844 headlines found
The movement of Metro Detroit hospital systems to stop hiring smokers and tobacco chewers gained momentum Friday when Henry Ford Health System and Beaumont Health System jointly said they would start the prohibition for job applicants on Jan. 1.
Sep 29, 2012 Detroit (MI) News
added Sep 29, 2012 12:19
Starting in January, employees at Henry Ford Health System and Beaumont Health System won't be allowed to smoke offsite during their shifts, not even during the lunch hour.
Sep 29, 2012 Detroit (MI) Free Press
added Sep 29, 2012 12:15
AB217 would have eliminated exceptions to California's prohibition on indoor workplace smoking and banned some outdoor smoking at nursing homes.
Sep 28, 2012 AP - Associated Press
added Sep 28, 2012 20:41
I have been voluntarily engaged in tobacco control activities in China for more than two decades, during which time I have witnessed gradual positive changes in tobacco control efforts in this country. China has been long criticized for its failure in co
Sep 21, 2012 Global Times (cn)
added Sep 21, 2012 17:27
UPPER DEERFIELD -- A new statewide smoking ban at rehabilitation centers doesn't go into effect until December, but one local facility is getting a head start on the practice.
Sep 18, 2012 Vineland (NJ) Daily Journal
added Sep 20, 2012 14:37
No smoking signs outside Dorset County Hospital are being ignored, forcing patients and visitors to walk through clouds of smoke and discarded cigarette butts.
Sep 17, 2012 SafetySignSupplies.co.uk (uk)
added Sep 18, 2012 00:41
B.C. seniors looking to get their smoking room back have found a strange bedfellow in their fight -- the group that runs the safe-injection facility InSite in the Downtown Eastside. . . . is sympathetic to the plight of the Haro Park retirement home's e
Sep 14, 2012 VANCOUVER 24 HOURS (ca)
added Sep 14, 2012 13:26
Letterkenny General Hospital has banned smoking anywhere on its grounds.
Sep 13, 2012 BBC Online
added Sep 14, 2012 08:17
The RCMP confirmed smoke in the apartment building was causing an asthma attack. EHS was called to assist MacNeil with her breathing. She has had to leave her apartment on three occasions due to deteriorating breathing, but the smoking goes on.
Sep 9, 2012 Kings County (NS) Register/Advertiser (ca)
added Sep 9, 2012 18:58
THE Tanzania Leaf Tobacco Company has donated 20 beds and mattresses worth 7m/- to the Tabora Regional Hospital.The donation is part of the company's corporate social responsibility policy, that focuses on water, education and health.
Sep 6, 2012 TSN Daily News (tz)
added Sep 6, 2012 02:03