Headlines Tagged with Hospitals/Medical facilities — 3,869 headlines found
[South Carolina] Charleston approves outdoor smoking ban for streets and sidewalks in the hospital district
When Charleston's downtown hospital campuses went smoke-free, smokers took to the streets, but now those public spaces will be off-limits as well.
Jan 9, 2013 Charleston (SC) Post & Courier
added Jan 9, 2013 11:47
HOSPITAL bosses have come under fire for not enforcing the no-smoking policy outside its doors. Despite providing a shelter opposite the main entrance, smokers regularly congregate outside Hinchingbrooke Hospital – prompting one visitor to complain.
Jan 6, 2013 Hunts Post (uk)
added Jan 6, 2013 15:13
As of Jan. 1, the Wichita County-Wichita Falls Public Health District is a tobacco-free campus. Employees or visitors must leave the property to smoke.
Jan 4, 2013 Wichita Falls (TX) Times Record News
added Jan 4, 2013 10:25
New tobacco policies went into effect on Tuesday at hospitals across the region, but officials say education and awareness programs helped reduce backlash. Conemaugh and Altoona Regional health systems’ smoking policies target employees, visitors and v
Jan 4, 2013 Johnstown (PA) Tribune-Democrat
added Jan 4, 2013 10:24
The new policy prohibits the use of all tobacco products anywhere on the campus including the parking lot areas.
Jan 3, 2013 KAUZ-TV NewsChannel 6 (Wichita Falls, TX)
added Jan 8, 2013 22:03
Effective Jan. 1, 2013, Rolling Plains Memorial Hospital implemented a new tobacco-free policy on all campuses.
Jan 3, 2013 Sweetwater (TX) Reporter
added Jan 8, 2013 21:50
LEWES -- Those who hope to be employed by Beebe Medical Center must be nicotine free starting Jan. 1. The hospital announced it will no longer hire applicants -- including contractors, travelers and consultants -- who use tobacco. That includes cigarette
Jan 1, 2013 DelmarvaNow.com
added Jan 1, 2013 11:57
Hospital patients, employees and visitors will be banned from smoking, using chewing tobacco and puffing on electronic cigarettes at Baptist Hospital Madisonville and its various campuses around western Kentucky.
Dec 31, 2012 AP - Associated Press
added Dec 31, 2012 09:56
Smoking will cease in all state buildings and campuses come Tuesday. With one exception: the Delaware Veterans Home in Milford.
Dec 31, 2012 Wilmington (DE) News Journal
added Dec 31, 2012 09:35
PLATTSBURGH -- Officials said a cigarette likely caused a couch fire in a unit of the Robert S. Long Apartments Friday afternoon. The apartment belongs to Rose Willsi, who was still under evaluation in CVPH's emergency room Friday evening.
Dec 29, 2012 Plattsburgh (NY) Press-Republican
added Dec 29, 2012 12:39