Sort by: Date added | Date Published | Most Viewed

Headlines Tagged with Fires/Injuries 308 headlines found

0 Views

[UK] Terminally-ill cancer patient, 62, who was lifelong smoker died when she blew herself up by lighting cigarette while using oxygen tank

Reid, 62, was receiving treatment for her terminal lung cancer at St Margaret's Hospice in Yeovil...'He said she had blown herself up in the smoking room.... remembered wheeling Miss Reid into the room...had no knowledge of the risk of smoking and naked f
The Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday (uk)
added Nov 28, 2017 23:12
0 Views

[Michigan] Deadly house fire, sparked by cigarette and oxygen tank

A 64-year old man is dead following a house fire over the weekend. It was apparently sparked by a cigarette and an oxygen tank.
WJRT abc12 (Flint, MI)
added May 9, 2017 20:48
1 View

[Massachusetts] Quincy double-fatal fire ruled accidental, likely started by cigarettes

the fire that killed two Houghs Neck residents started accidentally, likely by a cigarette near a medical oxygen tank. In the early morning of Feb. 12, a fast-moving blaze claimed the lives of Thelma Powers, 67, and her 19-year-old grandson, William Powe
Quincy (MA) Patriot Ledger
added Mar 31, 2017 01:43
3 Views

[Nebraska] Deadly fire linked to oxygen ignited by smoking

Lincoln police have identified the man found dead in a burning home on Friday as 62-year-old Karl Kohlhof. Inspectors said Kohlhof was smoking while on oxygen and that started the fire. Fire inspectors said Kohlhof was the only person inside the duplex
WOWT Channel 6 (Omaha, NE)
added Jan 8, 2017 23:28
1 View

[Massachusetts] Cigarette, medical oxygen start fire at condo complex

The plaintiff suffered an ankle fracture descending from a second-story balcony to escape the blaze, which erupted when actively flowing medical oxygen in the unit below was ignited due to the tenant dropping a lit cigarette.
Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly
added Dec 26, 2016 18:12
5 Views

[Ohio] Fire started when man with oxygen device lit cigarette

the man was using nasal tubes at the time and caught his shirt on fire, Lt. Matthew Hertzfeld said.... He was transported to the University of Toledo Medical Center, the former Medical College of Ohio Hospital. The man suffered burns to his face. Lieute
Toledo (OH) Blade
added Dec 18, 2016 19:24
6 Views

[New Hampshire] UPDATE: Man was dead before Rochester fire was started with cigarette, oxygen tank

After an autopsy, officials said James Richardson, 69, died of natural causes. The report said it was a pre-existing medical condition. Richardson was found dead in a mobile home along with the fire that had put itself out.
NH1 News (WBIN)
added Aug 1, 2016 21:46
6 Views

[Tennessee] Highlands Residential looking at smoke-free policy

Complaints about secondhand smoke and previous incidents involving smoking and oxygen tanks has led officials with Highlands Residential Services to look at implementing a smoke-free policy. The agency’s board of directors will be looking at a rough draf
Cookeville (TN) Herald Citizen
added May 20, 2016 18:35
6 Views

St. Vincent's Hospital patient receiving oxygen suffers burns when trying to light cigarette

A St. Vincent's patient receiving oxygen through a nasal cannula suffered minor burns when trying to light a cigarette from her hospital bed on Friday evening. "That is a no-no" when receiving oxygen, Birmingham Fire & Rescue Capt. Willie Williams said.
AL.com
added Mar 27, 2016 00:48
5 Views

[Colorado] Oxygen tanks and cigarettes: A deadly combination

The Pueblo Fire Department is reiterating the dangers of smoking near an oxygen tank after a woman died in an apartment fire over the weekend... Less than two days after Collins's tragic death, News 5 found some Azteca Apartment residents smoking near th
KOAA NBC 5/30 (Colo. Springs/Pueblo, CO)
added Mar 15, 2016 22:11
Sign up for daily headlines All Headlines Featured Headlines U.S. Headlines International Headlines