Sort by: Date added | Date Published | Most Viewed

Headlines Tagged with Fires/Injuries 285 headlines found

0 Views

[Illinois] McLean County Coroner warns of smoking on oxygen

two county residents died this month in less than a 10-day span from thermal burns as a result of smoking while on home oxygen. Both residents, a 75-year-old man and a 58-year-old woman, suffered injuries to their faces from fires which started after they
AP - Associated Press
added Sep 20, 2014 12:47
2 Views

[Illinois] Coroner: Smoking with home oxygen machines led to deaths

Two area residents have died of burns since Sept. 5 as a probable result of smoking near home medical oxygen machines. Kimmerling said Gerald Peterlin, 75, of El Paso died at 7:55 p.m. Sept. 5 at Advocate BroMenn Medical Center in Normal after being inj
Bloomington (IL) Pantagraph
added Sep 18, 2014 17:39
2 Views

[Illinois] McLean County Coroner Has a Warning for Some Smokers

Two people have died in the last 10 days after smoking while wearing oxygen tubing. Coroner Beth Kimmerling says a man had lit a cigarette and created a fire that was contained to his face. The same thing happen
WMBD WYZZ TV (Peoria, IL)
added Sep 17, 2014 17:32
2 Views

[UK] Man dies from e-cigarette explosion

A man who died after his e-cigarette exploded and set fire to oxygen equipment he is believed to have been using has been named by police. David Thomson, 62, was found dead in the living room of a property on Penkett Road in Wallasey, Merseyside.
London Evening Standard (uk)
added Aug 11, 2014 08:35
8 Views

[UK] E-Cigarette Kills Man After 'Exploding Into Flames'

An e-cigarette exploded in a man’s face who was using oxygen equipment, according to fire chiefs in the Wallasey, Merseyside area (UK). The resulting ignition claimed the life of the unnamed 62-year-old, noted the Independent, who was found dead in the l
Inquisitr
added Aug 10, 2014 22:04
8 Views

[UK] Patient killed after blowing up hospital ward when he decided to smoke a cigarette while undergoing treatment in high-pressure oxygen chamber

His bed linen then caught fire which quickly turned into an inferno Oxygen rich atmosphere then caused an explosion, killing the 65-year-old His family are demanding to know why hospital didn't take away his lighter
The Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday (uk)
added Jul 31, 2014 16:58
9 Views

[Ireland] Crafty cigarette costs patient his life when he EXPLODES after lighting up in oxygen chamber

Liu Hung died in a fireball as he lit up inside the chamber, which was full of 100 per cent oxygen.... Family of the 65-year-old patient wants to know why hospital staff didn't take his cigarette lighter off him before he was treated in the hyperbaric cha
Irish Daily Mirror (ie)
added Jul 31, 2014 13:52
2 Views

[Colorado] Apartment High Rise Fire Caused By Someone Smoking In Bed

A fire that injured several people Monday morning was started by someone smoking in bed with an oxygen tank, according to authorities in Lakewood. Flames could be seen coming out of the sixth floor window of a high rise.
KKTV 11 (Colorado Springs / Pueblo, CO)
added Jul 1, 2014 12:28
6 Views

Moustaches, Home Oxygen Tanks Can Be Dangerous Match

There are a number of potential sources of ignition, including people lighting matches or smoking cigarettes. "It can be what you might think are innocuous or benign things," Greenlund said. "But with the facial hair and oxygen, it can be a real risk."
HealthDay [HealthScout]
added Jun 27, 2014 19:54
9 Views

[UK] Man sets fire to himself in Plymouth smoking while using an oxygen tank

The man, who lives in Holman Court, suffered the effects of flash flames resulting in a blackened face whilst using a home oxygen tank and has been taken to Derriford Hospital by ambulance where he remains.
Plymouth Herald / This is Plymouth (uk)
added May 22, 2014 12:14
Sign up for daily headlines All Headlines Featured Headlines U.S. Headlines International Headlines