Headlines Tagged with Fires/Injuries — 9,851 headlines found
The Duluth Fire Department has determined that the Easter Sunday fire that displaced dozens of people was an accident, caused by improper disposal of a cigarette. The fire in the 20-unit apartment building at 1705 East Second Street displaced 44 people.
Apr 9, 2015 WDIO-TV/WIRT-TV ABC 10/13 (Duluth, MN)
added Apr 10, 2015 16:20
A discarded cigarette butt started the Easter Sunday fire that destroyed a Duluth apartment building and displaced 19 families, authorities said Thursday. â€œNo charges are going to be filed; it was accidental,â€ said Duluth Fire Marshal Marnie Grondah
Apr 10, 2015 Duluth (MN) News-Tribune
added Apr 10, 2015 16:19
Cigarettes were the suspected cause of a quarter of fatal fires an analysis of a decade of statistics shows....More fires began in a bedroom than any other room of the home. Bedrooms were the suspected place a fire started in 99 incidents, or three in 1
Apr 6, 2015 Irish Times (ie)
added Apr 8, 2015 12:45
When crews arrived at the two-story home, they found an 83-year-old man with burns to more than 80 percent of his body. A cigarette lit his clothing and started the fire, which family members in the home put out after smoke detectors went off, authorities
Apr 6, 2015 Washington Post
added Apr 6, 2015 17:03
An 84-year-old Chili man badly burned when a dropped cigarette ignited his clothes while driving last month has died...Christopher Flowers was driving on Chili Avenue near Interstate 390 in Gates about 8:50 a.m. March 9, when his clothing accidentally cau
Apr 6, 2015 Rochester (NY) Democrat and Chronicle
added Apr 6, 2015 16:38
[Belarus, Ukraine] Two dead after plane carrying 'cigarette smugglers' crashes into house while flying low 'to avoid radar'
A plane police say was attempting to smuggle thousands of packets of cigarettes into Europe has hit a power line and crashed, killing at least two people on board. It is believed the Antonov An-2 multi-role light utility biplane was flying low in order
Apr 6, 2015 The Mirror (uk)
added Apr 6, 2015 16:33
[Maine] PELLETIER/HAGENBUCH: It’s time to protect kids from liquid nicotine — a poison, even in small amounts
There is legislation not yet passed that aims to protect children from liquid nicotine poisoning by requiring child-resistant packaging. This measure can help to protect kids from needless nicotine poisoning. State legislators should support LD 423, “An
Apr 6, 2015 Bangor (ME) Daily News
added Apr 6, 2015 12:50
Kendra Jane Hampton, 39, is accused of felony child neglect after leaving her kids home without direct supervision to go to a bar. Her 1-year-old daughter choked on a cigarette while she was gone.
Apr 1, 2015 Huffington Post (blog)
added Apr 2, 2015 03:03
One of Britain’s oldest former tobacco factories has been destroyed by fire - caused from a discarded cigarette. The fire broke out on Monday on the site of the former Player’s factory in Nottingham which has been converted into student flats.
Apr 2, 2015 The Mirror (uk)
added Apr 2, 2015 02:51
E-smokers are being urged to unplug chargers when their cigarettes are powered up following a fire at a flat in Kendal. The fire, which started as a result of a charger being left in and switched on at the socket, caused significant burning to the charg
May 31, 2015 ITV Network Limited (uk)
added Apr 1, 2015 19:03