Sort by: Date added | Date Published | Most Viewed

Headlines Tagged with Fires/Injuries 9,893 headlines found


[Africa] Ghana petrol station inferno: Accra witnesses questioned

questioned about the cause of a petrol station fire in the capital, Accra, in which some 150 people died... Some young men became angry, denying they caused the fire. One witness suggested that the fire started when a cigarette was dropped, our reporter s
BBC Online
added Jun 5, 2015 15:00
1 View


Israeli police Wednesday released shocking security video of a woman setting a gasoline pump on fire in Jerusalem -- allegedly because a man refused to give her a cigarette, reports NBC News. Amazingly, no one was hurt, police said.
Fire Engineering
added Jun 5, 2015 06:27
1 View

UPDATE 2-Blast at Ghana petrol station kills about 90 people

An explosion at a petrol station in Ghana's capital Accra killed about 90 people, many of whom had sought shelter there from torrential rain.... Initial signs suggested the fire started by accident,
added Jun 4, 2015 10:02

[Australia] CASA bans e-cigarettes from check-in luggage

Australia’s Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) says e-cigarettes will be restricted to carry-on luggage only as the lithium-ion batteries used in them pose a fire risk when checked in. The nation’s aviation safety regulator’s new restrictions on e-ci
Australian Aviation (au)
added Jun 3, 2015 21:55
1 View

[Canada] MOORE: Smoke that cigarette but don’t burn my place down

in Edmonton and area 55 dwellings have burned down or have received heavy damage because of careless can’t be charged for stupidity — there’s no law against it — but maybe there should be. Smokers should be on the hook for burning someone ou
Edson (AB) Leader (ca)
added May 31, 2015 08:09

[UK] Smokers warned to be vigilant after discarded cigarette causes house fire

The front porch of a Burnsall Drive house set fire after a cigarette was thrown from an upstairs window and landed in a gutter, setting light to the porch. Firefighters used three fire engines to tackle the blaze which left which left the house filled
Runcorn and Widnes World (uk)
added May 26, 2015 09:27

[Canada] Cigarette butt and a garbage pail of diapers to blame for massive condo fire: Edmonton fire chief

The blaze, which is expected to cost more than $16.3 million in building and property damage, is the second major Edmonton fire in less than a year caused by smoking material being carelessly thrown out...over the last five years, firefighters have respo
Metro (ca)
added May 25, 2015 23:20

[Wyoming] Casper couple sues vapor cigarette dealer

Joshua and Allison Seel are suing a local vapor cigarette company after the battery in one of the devices allegedly exploded in Joshua Seel's left pant pocket, burning his leg and genitals, according to the lawsuit filed Tuesday. “These batteries are ext
Casper (WY) Star-Tribune
added May 25, 2015 22:59

Breathe, eCig Corp. Confirms 100,000 Units of its Second Generation Product will Arrive First Week of June 2015 to Support New York City Launch

next generation devices (which will incorporate the Company's pending intellectual property) will reproducibly and precisely dispense the recommended amount of nicotine per puff and offer an optional childproofing device—both firsts in the industry. The c
PR Newswire
added May 22, 2015 21:00

[New York] 2 dogs dead in Chester animal hospital fire

Fire officials say the owner of the All Pets Veterinary Hospital, Dr. Mark Lane, was inside when the fire started... Dr. Lane told police and fire officials on the scene that he fell asleep while smoking.
News 12
added May 22, 2015 18:12
Sign up for daily headlines All Headlines Featured Headlines U.S. Headlines International Headlines