Sort by: Date added | Date Published | Most Viewed

Headlines Tagged with Fires/Injuries 10,012 headlines found

7 Views

[Kansas] VIDEO: E-Cig explodes in Wichita man's hand, blows through wall

he and his family are lucky after his e-cig explodes and pieces of it pierce through walls. Jonathan Reser says his soon-to-be wife wanted him to stop smoking traditional cigarettes. He purchased an e-cigarette from a store near downtown Wichita. Reser
KAKE TV Channel 10 (Wichita, KS)
added Oct 27, 2015 11:00
8 Views

AAP: Make 21 Legal Age for Smoking and Vaping

While recommending screening and counseling for adolescent e-cigarette users, the AAP's Section on Tobacco Control was particularly concerned about the potential hazards of electronic nicotine delivery systems (ENDS), or e-cigarettes, to younger children
MedPage Today
added Oct 27, 2015 10:26
14 Views

Feds Ban E-Cigarettes in Checked Airline Bags, Citing Fire Threat

A new federal rule forbids airline passengers from packing electronic cigarettes or other battery-operated electronic smoking devices in their checked bags to protect against in-flight fires. The rule still allows e-cigarettes in carry-on bags, but passe
AP - Associated Press
added Oct 26, 2015 18:54
7 Views

Pediatricians urge stronger regulation of tobacco, e-cigs

"Tobacco use continues to be a major health threat to children, adolescents and adults. The developing brains of children and teens are particularly vulnerable to nicotine, which is why the growing popularity of e-cigarettes among adolescents is so alarm
CBS
added Oct 26, 2015 18:34
44 Views

Nicotine gum temporarily pulled off pharmacy shelves in Qatar

Several pharmacies across Doha have pulled a brand of nicotine gum off their shelves in what appears to be a nationwide recall of a specific batch. The brand, UK-based Nicotinell, has been unavailable for the past three days, according to a pharmacist at
Doha News (qa)
added Oct 24, 2015 12:10
4 Views

[Michigan] Fire that killed 2 in Kentwood caused by 'careless' smoking

A fire that started inside a Wingate Apartments unit, killing two people inside, was the result of the "careless" use of smoking materials inside, authorities say.
Grand Rapids (MI) Press
added Oct 24, 2015 03:39
5 Views

[UK] Vaping Burned a Hole in My Lungs?

Claim: A British man burned a hole in his lung by vaping (i.e., using e-cigarettes). UNPROVEN
Snopes.com
added Oct 23, 2015 19:22
5 Views

[UK] Vaping burned a hole in my lungs EXCLUSIVE: E-cigarette puts dad in hospital

A DAD ended up in hospital with a hole burnt through his lung after his e-cig spat hot nicotine liquid down his throat. Richard Courtney’s £100 device was meant to turn the fluid into vapour but a fault left him hooked up to a ventilator.
The Sun (uk)
added Oct 21, 2015 14:38
3 Views

[UK] Girl, six, died after accidentally setting fire to her cotton dress with a lighter she found and suffering 66% burns

Giving a verdict of accidental death, Mr Rebello warned about the dangers of children coming into contact with lighters and other smoking equipment. He told the family:... 'Clearly keeping children safe from the danger of smoking equipment and lighters
The Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday (uk)
added Oct 19, 2015 16:06
6 Views

[Oregon] Smoking leads to 3 deaths, 1 critical burn in last 5 days in Portland

Smoking has caused three fire deaths and one serious burn injury since just last Thursday in city limits, according to statistics from Portland Fire & Rescue. The most recent incident occurred around 5:30 p.m., Monday, when a man in his 80's caught his c
KGW Northwest NewsChannel 8
added Oct 14, 2015 17:25
Sign up for daily headlines All Headlines Featured Headlines U.S. Headlines International Headlines