Sort by: Date added | Date Published | Most Viewed

Headlines Tagged with Fires/Injuries 10,044 headlines found

1 View

[Texas] Cigarette causes apartment fire, displaces dozens

Flames tore through a South Austin apartment building early Tuesday, displacing dozens of people living there... The fire, which started after a man smoking on a wooden patio improperly discarded his cigarette, started around 12:30 a.m.
KVUE (Austin, TX)
added Nov 24, 2015 20:33

VIDEO: Colorado Springs and Pueblo News News5 Investigates: Man hospitalized after e-cigarette exp

an e-cigarette exploded in his face, shattering his vertebrae and breaking his neck. News5 Investigates uncovered more than two dozen fires and explosions related to e-cigarettes over the last 6 years.
KOAA NBC 5/30 (Colo. Springs/Pueblo, CO)
added Nov 24, 2015 03:31

How Modern Furniture Endangers Firefighters

Consumer goods are increasingly made of synthetic materials and coatings. The carcinogens they give off when they burn could be driving high cancer rates among first responders.
The Atlantic Monthly
added Nov 23, 2015 16:54

[Tennessee] VIDEO: Man seriously injured when e-cig explodes in his face

WARNING: SOME OF THESE INJURIES ARE GRAPHIC Caples is in critical condition with a shattered vertebrae. He have to have surgery to give himself a chance to walk again. He also has multiple fractures, a hole in his mouth, and a broken neck.
KPHO CBS 5 News (Phoenix, AZ)
added Nov 23, 2015 16:28

[Colorado] College student shatters vertebrae, loses teeth and suffers facial fractures after his e-cigarette exploded in his mouth

An employee at an e-cigarette store in Memphis said the explosion was likely due to operator error, believing that Codero had been charging the device with a battery was that too powerful.
The Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday (uk)
added Nov 23, 2015 15:53

[UK-Wales] Person injured after e-cigarette explodes in Maindee area of Newport

A PERSON had to be treated for minor burns after an e-cigarette exploded in a house in Maindee last night. Firefighters from Maindee were called to the fire on Argosy Way at 9.41pm.
South Wales Argus (uk)
added Nov 23, 2015 14:27

[California] Two Bakersfield men file lawsuits claiming e-cigarettes exploded

During a press conference Thursday morning, Vincente Garza and his attorney, Gregory L. Bentley of the Shernoff Birdart Echeverria Bentley law firm, announced a lawsuit has been filed against the sellers and manufacturers of e-cigarettes that allegedly e
Bakersfield (CA) Californian
added Nov 23, 2015 00:17

[Tennessee] Memphis native in hospital after an e-cigarette exploded

Family members say a Kangertech e-cigarette exploded. Caples neck was broken, his teeth were knocked out, and he had facial fractures and cuts. FOX13's Kristin Leigh spoke with Caples' sister, Colessia Porter, who is from Memphis. On FOX13 News at 9 and
WHBQ-TV FOX13 (Memphis, TN)
added Nov 23, 2015 00:04
1 View

[Massachusetts] Careless disposal of smoking materials cause of deadly Springfield blaze, fire department says

Careless disposal of smoking materials was the cause of the blaze that took the life of a 57-year-old St. James Boulevard woman Tuesday night. The Spring field Arson & Bomb Squad, along with troopers from the state Fire Marshal's office, made the determi
Springfield (MA) Union-News and Sunday Republican
added Nov 21, 2015 20:41

[Pennsylvania] E-cigarette battery explodes inside car, burning Washington County couple

the battery went up in flames and severely burned his girlfriend’s hands while they were driving on Interstate 79 Tuesday night. “It was an instant flash. I mean, the battery just instantly started glowing red, it was like a blacksmith heating metal --
WPXI (Pittsburgh, PA)
added Nov 21, 2015 20:40
Sign up for daily headlines All Headlines Featured Headlines U.S. Headlines International Headlines