Sort by: Date added | Date Published | Most Viewed

Headlines Tagged with Fires/Injuries 9,893 headlines found

3 Views

[Pennsylvania] Pa. woman lights cigarette in car, propane tank explodes

Authorities say a woman was taken to a western Pennsylvania hospital after she lit a cigarette in a vehicle and a propane tank inside exploded. Police said the woman was with a group in a tailgating lot on Pittsburgh's North Side before the Pirates game
AP - Associated Press
added Aug 10, 2015 20:07
7 Views

[Asia, Mid-east] Kuwait plans to enforce ban on smoking inside vehicles

Kuwait’s General Traffic Department (GTD) is reportedly considering enforcing the law that bans motorists smoking inside their vehicles while driving. The decision is part of the ministry’s strategy to curb road accidents, with smoking while driving cons
Arabian Business
added Aug 10, 2015 05:17
3 Views

[Montana] MISSOULIAN EDITORIAL: Ban smoking at fair this year - and every year

Aside from the fire dangers, secondhand smoke exposure is no laughing matter, which is another reason why various local health officials have been trying to encourage the fairgrounds to go smoke-free for several years now. Such a push is not without prec
The Missoulian
added Aug 7, 2015 18:50
11 Views

[Colorado] Boulder County Housing Authority expands smoking ban to cover pot, e-cigarettes and vaping

Effective Aug. 17, tenants of Boulder County Housing Authority properties will no longer be able to use electronic cigarettes or vapor-smoking devices inside any of the county's 611 rental units or on most of the grounds outside those units. On Thursday
Longmont (CO) Daily Times-Call
added Aug 6, 2015 20:14
16 Views

[Florida] Amid FDA talks, e-cigarette industry braces for change

The FDA also could move forward with tougher regulations involving advertising practices — or even a requirement that companies only market new tobacco products after FDA review, as was considered in the agency's 2014 proposal. Analysts say a measure lik
Tampa Bay (FL) Times
added Aug 4, 2015 11:43
1 View

[UK] Family flee blazing house in Batley

The neighbour alerted the mother and three teenage sons that a bedroom was on fire at their home... The fire is believed to have been cause by a carelessly discarded cigarette
Huddersfield Daily Examiner/icHuddersfield (uk)
added Aug 4, 2015 09:40
4 Views

Maine landlord pleads not guilty in fire that killed 6

Investigators said improperly disposed smoking materials on the porch started the fire and the house didn't have functioning smoke detectors.
AP - Associated Press
added Aug 1, 2015 20:16
2 Views

[UK] Lucky escape for woman after house fire

The woman, who is in her 60s, had been smoking in bed and fell asleep which led to the cigarette catching fire to the bed. However, she woke up in time to escape the blaze
Salisbury Journal (uk)
added Jul 31, 2015 15:47
4 Views

[UK] Man, 20, dies after falling backwards down the 100ft chimney of seven-storey block of luxury flats in central London

people at the function had told him the victim had been enjoying a night-time cigarette when the tragedy unfolded. He said: 'They said he was just sitting on the sit smoking and he just must have fell. That's what they said inside, but I don't know if tha
The Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday (uk)
added Jul 31, 2015 12:39
2 Views

[UK] Woman, 72, died after 8ft head-first fall when she went for a cigarette

A PLYMOUTH woman died after she fell from a garden wall when she went outside for a cigarette, an inquest has heard. Patricia Bailey, 72, from Peverell, fell to her death at a friend's house on February 10, an inquest in Plymouth heard today.
Plymouth Herald / This is Plymouth (uk)
added Jul 31, 2015 12:13
Sign up for daily headlines All Headlines Featured Headlines U.S. Headlines International Headlines