Sort by: Date added | Date Published | Most Viewed

Headlines Tagged with Fires/Injuries 10,042 headlines found

4 Views

[UK] How likely is your e-cigarette to explode?

In the UK, e-cigarettes have caused burns and fires, yet these cases are rare. Experts say the man who died was using a particular kind of vape pen, known as a mechanical mod, which is not that common in the UK.
BBC Online
added May 21, 2018 14:55
7 Views

No Smoke But Alarms Are Ringing: Insurance For E-Cigarettes ($$)

Currently, litigation over e-cigarettes has been limited to claims arising out of malfunctioning devices that injure users or damage property.[3] These claims typically do not involve complicated issues involving liability insurance coverage.[4] In contr
Law360
added May 16, 2018 20:38
3 Views

[North Carolina] Court: City doesn’t owe worker hurt while smoking on break

A three-judge panel of the North Carolina Court of Appeals said Larry Brooks’ fall in 2015... “He chose to purchase an e-cigarette, return to the truck, smoke the cigarette, and ultimately step outside of the truck to get fresh air,” the ruling says. “No
AP - Associated Press
added May 16, 2018 19:57
3 Views

[North Carolina] LARRY BROOKS, Employee, Plaintiff v. CITY OF WINSTON-SALEM (PDF)

went into the gas station to purchase cigarettes. When he returned to the truck, he inhaled an e-cigarette, began coughing, stepped out of his truck, passed out, and fell on the cement curb. While admittedly Brooks would not have been at the gas station b
North Carolina Courts System
added May 16, 2018 19:57
7 Views

Exploding vape pen caused Florida man’s death, autopsy says

The cause of death was listed as “projectile wound of head” — the pen exploded into pieces, at least two of which were sent into his head, the Pinellas-Pasco Medical Examiner said — and he suffered burns on about 80 percent of his body. The “mod”-type p
Washington Post
added May 16, 2018 18:50
4 Views

[Louisiana] Fire at Burbank Drive Popeyes started with 'smoking materials' disposed in landscaping

A fire that burned through the wall of a popular Baton Rouge Popeyes restaurant Friday evening started outside and burned through a wall, according to a release. The fire, which was first reported at 9:55 p.m. and under control by 10:26 p.m., occurred
Baton Rouge (LA) Advocate
added May 12, 2018 22:18
2 Views

U.S. clamps down on kid-friendly packaging for e-cigarette liquids

“It takes a very small amount of these e-liquids, in some cases less than half a teaspoon ... to (have) a fatal effect for a kid and even less than that to make them very, very sick,” an agency executive said on a call with reporters. The FDA cited exa
Reuters
added May 9, 2018 14:05
3 Views

[Florida] VIDEO: Officials: Man dies after vape pen explodes at St. Pete home

Investigators believe a 38-year-old St. Pete man died after a vape pen he was smoking exploded. The St. Pete Fire Rescue was called to the fire on 19th Avenue near 3rd Street around 9:45 a.m. Saturday and found the body of Tallmadge D'Elia. Lt. Steven
WFLA TV (Tampa, FL)
added May 7, 2018 18:39
6 Views

Safety of electronic cigarettes

The safety of electronic cigarettes is uncertain. There is little data about their safety, and considerable variability among e-cigarettes and in their liquid ingredients and thus the contents of the aerosol delivered to the user. Reviews on the safety of
Wikipedia
added May 7, 2018 18:36
3 Views

ARCHIVE: Facebook E-Cigarette Death Report

A June 2015 Facebook post claims a woman’s neighbor died of suffocation due to e-cigarette use, but the claim has neither been substantiated nor reported upon in the news.
Snopes.com
added May 7, 2018 17:09
Sign up for daily headlines All Headlines Featured Headlines U.S. Headlines International Headlines