Sort by: Date added | Date Published | Most Viewed

Headlines Tagged with Fires/Injuries 10,032 headlines found

3 Views

[Washington] E-cigarette causes hotel fire over holiday weekend

Oyster Bay Inn suffered fire damage from an overcharged e-cigarette Nov. 28. ...caused about $3,500 of damage, according to Jeff Prichard, deputy fire marshal with the Bremerton Fire Department. Prichard said that when lithium-ion batteries, like those
Bremerton Patriot
added Dec 7, 2015 15:46
2 Views

[UK-Scotland] 'Bomb' which caused bus evacuation was passenger's e-cigarette

A bus was evacuated and police were called after passengers mistook a fellow traveller's e-cigarette for a bomb. The bus was travelling...when the man and his partner saw another passenger appearing to attach a "pipe-cleaner wire to a large oblong batte
STV (uk)
added Dec 6, 2015 23:16
0 Views

[UK] Man mistakes e-cigarette for bomb, police called and bus evacuated

Passenger Calum McGregor explained to STV: ‘My partner and I became aware of a passenger behaving suspiciously with a device in his lap. ‘I got up under the pretence of looking for the toilet and saw he appeared to be attaching pipe-cleaner wire to a la
Metro Café (uk)
added Dec 6, 2015 21:43
1 View

[UK] Warning over dangerous cigarettes in North East Lincolnshire

North East Lincolnshire Council said most of the cigarettes seized by trading standards officers failed safety tests. The council said they "failed to self-extinguish when left unattended posing an increased risk of furniture, bedding and even clothes c
BBC Online
added Dec 6, 2015 21:00
5 Views

[Canada] Ontario e-cigarette laws go 'way too far,' Barrie retailer says

But the manager of Butt Out and Vape in Barrie said the Ontario government shouldn’t control what goes on inside shops where the product is sold. “I agree with not using vaporizers in public places. It doesn’t need to happen. I would love to see exempti
Simcoe County (Ont) Online (ca)
added Dec 5, 2015 17:51
0 Views

[New York] Elderly Williamsburg Residents Displaced After Fire Caused By Cigarette

A cigarette caused a fire that tore through two floors of a Williamsburg apartment building on Tuesday and left residents of three apartments temporarily homeless and scrambling to find shelter on couches and in beds of their friends and relatives, they s
DNAinfo
added Dec 5, 2015 17:43
4 Views

[UK] E-cigarette charging warning issued by Worcestershire's trading standards team

FAULTY batteries in e-cigarettes could cause fires this Christmas, according to trading standards teams. Consumers are being warned by Worcestershire Regulatory Services to be alert when purchasing products, as
Worcester News (Newsquest [Worcester) Limited] (uk)
added Dec 4, 2015 14:26
2 Views

[Wisconsin] Smoking to blame for $300,000 Oregon fire, officials said

A fire that heavily damaged one side of an Oregon duplex Wednesday was likely caused by smoking materials, fire officials said. The fire was reported at about 12:10 p.m. at 1121 Union Road, with the first arriving fire unit finding a large amount of bla
Wisconsin State Journal
added Dec 3, 2015 23:21
6 Views

Should 16 be the age for e-cigarette purchases? [FREE FULL TEXT]

The AAP has called for increased regulation of e-cigarettes, particularly through improved child-proof packaging, citing increased instances of nicotine poisoning among children.
Contemporary Pediatrics
added Dec 3, 2015 17:36
1 View

[New York] Letter: Approve proposal to make public housing smoke-free

70 percent of renters would rather live in a smoke-free building; smoke-free properties cost less to clean, and retain higher property value; and cigarettes are a leading cause of residential building fires. I hope that the proposed HUD rule will advance
Buffalo (NY) News
added Dec 3, 2015 05:43
Sign up for daily headlines All Headlines Featured Headlines U.S. Headlines International Headlines