Sort by: Date added | Date Published | Most Viewed

Headlines Tagged with Fires/Injuries 9,889 headlines found

0 Views

[UK] Smoke alarm warning after children escape maisonette blaze near famous Beatles recording studio

The cause of the fire, which happened near the recording studios made famous by The Beatles, is believed to have been caused by carelessly discarded smoking materials on bedding .
GetWestLondon (Trinity Mirror Southern - icCroydon) (uk)
added Sep 26, 2017 14:32
2 Views

[UK] Residents evacuated after fire in Purley flat 'caused by disposed cigarette'

Twelve people had evacuated the semi-detached three floor building, which had been converted into small flats, before crews arrived after the fire alarm started going off, said watch manager Ian Day.
Croydon Advertiser (uk)
added Sep 19, 2017 13:57
2 Views

[UK] Shopper reveals how she was saved by her WIG as she recovers in hospital after lit cigarette made her car air freshener explode

A shopper has told how her windscreen flew 30ft in the air and all four doors blew off when she lit a cigarette and her car's air freshener exploded. Sharon Victoria Druitt, 51, went into her Ford Focus after shopping at the DIY store in Southend-on-Sea
The Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday (uk)
added Sep 12, 2017 06:50
3 Views

[UK] Man is taken to hospital after his car 'exploded' in a B&Q car park when a cigarette ignited an AIR FRESHENER

Firefighters said a build-up of gases from an air freshener were accidentally ignited by a cigarette, adding 'it's not something we've even seen before'.
The Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday (uk)
added Sep 7, 2017 02:02
2 Views

[UK] Cigarettes cause majority of deadly council housing fires

Fire safety in social housing has been thrown into the spotlight in recent months due to the Grenfell Tower disaster...cigarettes are particularly deadly due to the danger posed by falling asleep smoking or with a smouldering cigarette.
Inside Housing (uk)
added Sep 4, 2017 11:15
2 Views

[Delaware] Couple Sues Vaping Shop After E-Cigarette Battery Explodes ($$)

A man who was injured after a battery from his vaporizer exploded in his pocket filed suit on Aug. 11 in Delaware state court against the store from which he bought it, claiming that the store was negligent in selling him a defective product (Charles Hobb
Lexis Nexis
added Sep 1, 2017 14:26
1 View

[New Hampshire] NH woman sues Merrimack business over e-cigarette burns

“The public needs to be aware about the possible dangers involved with e-cigarettes and vaporizers. This victim would hate to see this happen to someone else,” McGrath said in a statement. “More and more people are vaping, thinking it’s a safe alternati
Manchester (NH) Union-Leader
added Sep 1, 2017 14:13
3 Views

[UK] 255 times more likely to have a fire caused by tobacco than vaping Brigade says

Following confirmation from British Transport Police that an e-cigarette caused a small explosion at Euston Station last night, the Brigade is re-issuing its message that you’re 255 times more likely to have a house fire smoking tobacco compared to vapin
London Fire Brigade--London Fire and Emergency Planning Authority (LFEPA) (uk)
added Aug 31, 2017 15:16
4 Views

No guns, no smoking: Storm shelter Texas-style

No guns, no pets, no smoking: these are the rules at the Red Cross shelter in Winnie, Texas. Yet as super storm Harvey forces more and more Americans to flee their homes, few are complaining.
AFP - Agence France Presse (fr)
added Aug 30, 2017 01:44
5 Views

[Delaware, Indiana] Bankrupt E-Cig Co. Asserts Disposal Of Inventory Is Harmless ($$)

trustee for e-cigarette maker NJOY Inc. on Friday asked a judge to approve the abandonment of 3,400 pallets of e-cigarettes at a warehouse whose owner says proper disposal of the products will cost $800,000, given the lithium batteries and tobacco they co
Law360
added Aug 24, 2017 18:29
Sign up for daily headlines All Headlines Featured Headlines U.S. Headlines International Headlines