Sort by: Date added | Date Published | Most Viewed

Headlines Tagged with Fires/Injuries 10,033 headlines found

0 Views

[UK] Fire chiefs issue safety advice after suspected vape battery blaze at Sunderland family's home

Fire chiefs have today issued safety advice after a family escaped a blaze at their home which is thought to have been caused by a vape battery. Robert Allan, wife Kirsty and children Jack and Lilly-Rose were in bed at their home in North View, South Hyl
Sunderland Echo (uk)
added Aug 7, 2018 17:00
1 View

UK heatwave sees golf courses ban smoking while playing

St Enodoc Golf Club in Cornwall banned smoking after a small fire caused by a cigarette on dry grass Hundreds of golf clubs have banned smoking in an "unprecedented" move to reduce the risk of fires starting on dried out courses.
BBC Online
added Aug 6, 2018 22:32
0 Views

[UK] Vape, don’t smoke, warn Brigade after fire at flat

Fire investigators believe a bed ignited when smoking materials, such as a cigarette or match, were carelessly disposed of. A London Fire Brigade spokesman said: “We would rather people didn’t smoke at all but if they do, vaping is a safer option.
Islington Tribune (uk)
added Aug 6, 2018 22:29
4 Views

[Asia, China] Chinese tobacco regulators call for ban on e-cigarettes

"We are currently calling for relevant departments to look into regulation for standardized control on e-cigarettes and prohibit its public use like tobacco," says Zhang Jianshu, president of the Beijing Tobacco Control Association. Currently there’re n
CGTN America (China Global Television Network)
added Aug 3, 2018 21:51
2 Views

[UK] 'He's pouring petrol everywhere!': Brave schoolgirl's chilling 999 call as cigarette-smoking step-father doused home in fuel while threatening to burn sleeping family alive

Daniel Dare, 40, had a cigarette in his mouth and a lighter in his hand as he splashed fuel from a jerry can around the home of his ex-partner Keira Smith and her children. Ms Smith terrified teenage daughter made an anxious 999 call as he did so, telli
The Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday (uk)
added Aug 3, 2018 14:02
4 Views

[UK] URGENT RECALL Vype e-cigarettes sold at Sainsbury’s recalled over fears they could catch fire

VYPE e-cigarettes sold at Sainsbury's have been recalled over fears they could catch fire. The safety notice was issued after "a small number of consumers" reported having problems with their Vype eTank Pro devices and brought it to the manufacturer's a
The Sun (uk)
added Aug 2, 2018 15:38
1 View

[UK] Vype e-cigarettes sold at Sainsbury's have been recalled over fears they could catch on fire

In a statement released by the company, 'a small number of consumers' reported concerns with their Vype eTank Pro devices. Vype is asking any customers who bought the device, which sold for £24.99, to return it for a replacement.
The Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday (uk)
added Aug 2, 2018 15:37
2 Views

[Denmark, Europe, Sweden] Danish festival to allow smoking despite dry conditions

Smukfest festival, which is located in a beech forest near Danish town Skanderborg, is to allow smoking...“We are extremely focused on the drought but we have chosen a different option to a (smoking) ban... a very high number of ashtrays and we will be co
The Local (dk)
added Jul 27, 2018 19:30
2 Views

[UK] *THIS* is what we’re talking about when we ask people not to drop cigarettes on dry grass.

The London Fire Brigade has today issued an urgent safety warning following the largest grass fire in its history and a series of other grass fires across the capital. Firefighters are concerned that there will be further incidents if the public doesn’t
Parikiaki (uk)
added Jul 25, 2018 15:42
0 Views

[North Carolina] VIDEO: Cigarette blamed for huge apartment fire that left 15 families displaced

WSOC-TV Channel 9 (Charlotte, NC)
added Jul 24, 2018 20:46
Sign up for daily headlines All Headlines Featured Headlines U.S. Headlines International Headlines