Sort by: Date added | Date Published | Most Viewed

Headlines Tagged with Fires/Injuries 9,837 headlines found


[Texas] 15 Year Old Boy Hospitalized After E-Cigarette Explodes

The 15-year-old suffered severe burns to his face and chest after the e-cigarette exploded as he used it. Tarrant County sheriffs responded to the 9-1-1 call from Fossil Creek Estates on Round Hill Road around 5 yesterday evening. The teen was airlifted
CBS Dallas/Fort Worth (KTVT - CBS 11)
added Apr 4, 2017 17:33

Explosion Incidents Involving E-Cigarettes On The Rise

The lithium-ion batteries powering these e-cigarettes are susceptible to explosions. This can not only knock out the teeth of the smoker but also crack their vertebrae and cause burns. The battery can release huge flames, and the burns caused by them can
added Apr 4, 2017 17:33

[UK-Northern Ireland] Belfast home's smoking rules not enforced when fire that killed gran started, inquest told

A care home's smoking rules were not being properly enforced when a fire broke out in the bedroom of an 81-year-old grandmother with dementia, an inquest was told yesterday. Kathleen Fegan died in hospital on April 11, 2012, after the fire at the Owe
Belfast Telegraph (uk)
added Apr 4, 2017 11:42
1 View

[Michigan] VIDEO: E-cigarette users getting burned by exploding batteries

Klas made a presentation on the topic at the American Burn Association's annual conference last month in Boston. While she hasn't heard of any deaths caused by exploding e-cigarettes, an informal poll of representatives from about 20 burn centers around
Detroit (MI) Free Press
added Apr 3, 2017 17:09

[Asia, Uae] Smoking shisha or applying make-up while driving can get you a fine

recently the police witnessed people smoking shisha inside their vehicles while driving. “We stopped motorists who were smoking shisha inside their vehicle. It was not a e-cigarette but a proper shisha with charcoal. Such behaviour while driving is danger
Gulf News (ae)
added Mar 31, 2017 22:43
1 View

[Massachusetts] Quincy double-fatal fire ruled accidental, likely started by cigarettes

the fire that killed two Houghs Neck residents started accidentally, likely by a cigarette near a medical oxygen tank. In the early morning of Feb. 12, a fast-moving blaze claimed the lives of Thelma Powers, 67, and her 19-year-old grandson, William Powe
Quincy (MA) Patriot Ledger
added Mar 31, 2017 01:43

[Nevada] Careless Smoking, Wind Blamed for Las Vegas Apartments Blaze

Fire investigators think careless smoking may have sparked a wind-whipped fire that consumed a northwestern Las Vegas apartment building and left more than 40 people without a place to live.
AP - Associated Press
added Mar 29, 2017 20:42

[UK] Under age children sold illicit cigarettes that were a fire risk claims trading standards as off licence review is ordered

Calls have been made to review the license of Europa on Broad Street, March, after illicit tobacco and cigarettes were discovered there last month. A March off-licence that allegedly sold illicit cigarettes to under age children – risking their health in
Cambs Times (uk)
added Mar 29, 2017 19:01
1 View

[Australia] Man suffers serious head injuries after being hit by Melbourne train 'during fight with transit officers when they found him smoking in a carriage'

A wrestle took place at the end of the platform but the man got away from officers before he hit the side of the moving train.
The Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday (uk)
added Mar 27, 2017 23:32

UL Seeks to Test, Certify E-Cigarettes After Spate of Fires

Electronic cigarette fires and explosions are a growing problem, so much so that UL is accepting product submittals for construction evaluation, testing, and North American certification. There were 15 e-cigarette incidents reported to the media in 2015
Product Design & Development
added Mar 24, 2017 20:29
Sign up for daily headlines All Headlines Featured Headlines U.S. Headlines International Headlines