Sort by: Date added | Date Published | Most Viewed

Headlines Tagged with Fires/Injuries 9,859 headlines found

1 View

[UK] Incense sticks and vaping cause false alarms for fire service

And at 9:30pm crews were called to a hotel on Minster Yard, where they found that vapours from an e-cigarette had triggered the alert.
This is Lincolnshire (Lincolnshire Echo) (uk)
added Mar 30, 2015 14:18
8 Views

[UK] Comedian Tracey Ullman's 85-year-old mother dies in house fire started by cigarette butt

Mrs Ullman has been left 'deeply saddened' after discovering Doreen Skinner died in the fire at her ground-floor retirement flat in Holtspur, Buckinghamshire, on Monday. The 85-year-old was discovered by firefighters around 11.20pm.
This is Money (uk)
added Mar 30, 2015 08:59
11 Views

[UK] Girl, 12, poisons classmates with nicotine spray which her SCHOOL prescribed

The 12-year-old girl, a pupil at Wolstanton High School, in Newcastle-under-Lyme, in Staffs, was prescribed the nicotine spray by health workers after she became addicted to smoking. But when she brought in the Nicorette mouth spray to school, it was pa
Daily Star (uk)
added Mar 30, 2015 08:58
8 Views

Utah legislators force e-cigarettes to abide by new rules

Prompted by previously easy-to-open packaging and misrepresented or missing content labeling, Utah legislators have enacted H.B. 415, sponsored by Rep. Paul Ray (R) of Clearfield. The bill called for more stringent regulations on e-cigarette refills and
The Independent (St. George, UT)
added Mar 28, 2015 12:47
7 Views

[Massachusetts] Two Fatal Fires Within a Week Caused by Smoking Materials

For the second time within a week, a fire caused by the improper disposal of smoking materials has resulted in a fatality.
CapeCod.com (Hyannis, MA)
added Mar 28, 2015 11:21
5 Views

[Asia, India] 'Smoking' TB patient dies He succumbs to TB not burns

The 35-year-old patient, who was severely burnt when his oxygen pipe accidentally caught fire, died on Tuesday evening. The MY Hospital administration claimed that the man succumbed to TB and not burns. The exact reason will be known after the post-morte
Free Press Journal (in)
added Mar 27, 2015 15:30
0 Views

[Asia, India] 'Smoking' TB patient dies He succumbs to TB not burns

The 35-year-old patient, who was severely burnt when his oxygen pipe accidentally caught fire, died on Tuesday evening. The MY Hospital administration claimed that the man succumbed to TB and not burns. The exact reason will be known after the post-morte
Free Press Journal (in)
added Mar 27, 2015 15:30
0 Views

[Florida] Dr. Zorba Paster: E-cigarettes are toxic to kids -- and to our air

My biggest issue is the use of e-cigarettes by minors, particularly the number of high school-age kids who believe e-cigarettes are safe... Anything that is not pure air puts a person at risk. Claiming that e-cigarettes are safe is hogwash. With that, I
Florida Times-Union
added Mar 27, 2015 14:59
2 Views

Advocates push to raise smoking age to 21 in Rhode Island

turned out at the State House on Wednesday to testify in support of a bill that would make Rhode Island the first state in the nation to raise the legal age for tobacco purchases to 21. They also spoke in favor of two other bills, one that would regulate
Providence (RI) Journal-Bulletin
added Mar 27, 2015 14:47
8 Views

[Indiana] Vaping regulation bill faces changes in Senate

Legislation to regulate the liquids used in vaping and e-cigarettes was put on hold Thursday as senators began to consider possible changes to the bill. The bill’s author, Sen. Carlin Yoder, R-Middlebury, said the controversial proposal still needs twea
Indianapolis (IN) Business Journal
added Mar 27, 2015 14:17
Sign up for daily headlines All Headlines Featured Headlines U.S. Headlines International Headlines