Sort by: Date added | Date Published | Most Viewed

Headlines Tagged with Fires/Injuries 9,875 headlines found


[UK] Halton firefighters back smoking awareness month

Firefighters in Runcorn and Widnes are encouraging smokers in the borough to extinguish cigarettes after smoking was revealed to be the single biggest killer in accidental fires in the home.Firefighters in Runcorn and Widnes are encouraging smokers in t
Liverpool Daily Post & Echo (uk)
added Apr 17, 2015 15:56

[Massachusetts] Smoking blamed for fire displacing occupants of 24 apartments in Weymouth, two fires in Braintree

Fire officials are blaming careless disposal of smoking materials for causing $100,000 damage during a two-alarm blaze in a first-floor apartment at 53 Queen Anne Drive, Weymouth on Thursday, April 16 and in two separate blazes in Braintree earlier this
Wicked Local (MA)
added Apr 19, 2015 16:43

[Connecticut] Esty pushes for ban on e-cigarette advertising

Esty’s Protecting Children from Electronic Cigarette Advertising Act, H.R. 478, would prohibit the advertising of e-cigarettes to children. Esty also introduced the Child Nicotine Poisoning Prevention Act, H.R. 1375, which would require child safety pack
Connecticut Post
added Apr 18, 2015 13:05

[Canada] Fredericton balcony fire starts from smoking material

One person was displaced overnight by a fire at a four-storey apartment building off of Bishop Drive in Fredericton. Fire department platoon captain Peter McMurtrie says it started at about midnight on a second-floor balcony.
CBC News (ca)
added Apr 16, 2015 12:05

[Missouri] Careless smoking may be to blame for two-alarm fire at St. Louis apartment complex : News

About 60 residents were evacuated from the Metropolitan Village Apartments after a two-alarm fire Tuesday morning. Nine residents were treated at the scene for smoke inhalation, said St. Louis Fire Capt. Garon Mosby. Three people
St. Louis (MO) Post-Dispatch
added Apr 14, 2015 12:42

'Idiot' Massachusetts man found with TWO homes full of bomb-making materials after accidentally blowing himself up in his car

Police searched the home after an incident Saturday night where Brennan blew up his car while smoking a cigarette near gun powder... 'I’m an idiot. I lit a cigarette with the gunpowder in the front seat,' Brennan said in the police report according to the
The Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday (uk)
added Apr 14, 2015 10:43

[Georgia] FDA Concerned About Exploding E-Cigarettes

Spike Babaian is the owner of Vape New York, a store specializing in e-cigarettes. She says these explosions are rare but when they do happen, it's mostly during charging. "You can't just stick this into any old charging unit and that is the biggest iss
WJBF-TV ABC Channel 6 (Augusta, GA)
added Apr 14, 2015 02:28

VIDEO: GOOD MORNING AMERICA: E-Cigarettes Have Potential to Explode Like Firecrackers

"Gma investigates" and this morning a surprising safety alert. About e-cigarettes. They've become a popular alternative for smokers but sometimes can explode like firecrackers, ABC's Ryan smith is here with the story.
ABC News
added Apr 13, 2015 11:09

[UK] FIRE: Smoking causes a third of all deaths in fires at home

Firefighters are urging smokers to wake up to the deadly dangers of smoking, particularly when they are tired, as a third of all deaths in fires in the home are caused by cigarettes. The reminder is part of an annual national initiative organised by the
MK News (uk)
added Apr 13, 2015 10:13

[Minnesota] Discarded cigarette butt caused fire that destroyed Duluth apartment building

A discarded cigarette butt started the Easter Sunday fire that destroyed a Duluth apartment building and displaced 19 families, authorities said Thursday. “No charges are going to be filed; it was accidental,” said Duluth Fire Marshal Marnie Grondah
Duluth (MN) News-Tribune
added Apr 10, 2015 16:19
Sign up for daily headlines All Headlines Featured Headlines U.S. Headlines International Headlines