Sort by: Date added | Date Published | Most Viewed

Headlines Tagged with Fires/Injuries 9,963 headlines found

2 Views

[UK] Woman, 72, died after 8ft head-first fall when she went for a cigarette

A PLYMOUTH woman died after she fell from a garden wall when she went outside for a cigarette, an inquest has heard. Patricia Bailey, 72, from Peverell, fell to her death at a friend's house on February 10, an inquest in Plymouth heard today.
Plymouth Herald / This is Plymouth (uk)
added Jul 31, 2015 12:13
4 Views

[New York] The Capitol's new no-smoking cordon sanitaire

they have employed the signage equivalent of a shock-and-awe campaign: posted signs — either “NO SMOKING HERE TO BUILDING” or “NO SMOKING IN THIS AREA” every 10 to 15 feet all the way around the structure. That includes a singularly ugly semicircle of si
Albany (NY) Times Union blogs
added Jul 30, 2015 07:07
2 Views

[UK] Lucky escape for woman after house fire

The woman, who is in her 60s, had been smoking in bed and fell asleep which led to the cigarette catching fire to the bed. However, she woke up in time to escape the blaze
Salisbury Journal (uk)
added Jul 31, 2015 15:47
2 Views

[Wisconsin] Regional Wrap: New trail, smoke-free apartments, consumer alert: More Dane County apartments going smoke free

The Tobacco Free Columbia-Dane County Coalition has helped more than 25 apartment complexes eliminate smoking in the last two years. “Smoke-free rental properties are definitely becoming the norm in Dane County,” said Nina Gregerson, assistant coalition
Sun Prairie (WI) Star
added Jul 29, 2015 11:55
44 Views

VIDEO: The hidden danger of smoking? Terrifying moment woman's car bursts into flames after she lights cigarette while driving in Russia

A shocking video has captured the moment a woman's car burst into flames after she lit a cigarette while driving in Russia. The footage, caught on a dashboard camera, sees the panicked driver jump out of the vehicle just before it turns into an inferno.
The Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday (uk)
added Jul 27, 2015 14:09
1 View

[UK] Pensioner died after discarded cigarette caused house fire

A discarded match was the most likely cause of a fire that killed an 82-year-old man, an inquest found. Roy Gadsby, of Grindon Crescent, in Bulwell, died on April 4 after a fire started in the living room of his home the day before.
Nottingham Post (uk)
added Jul 27, 2015 10:23
2 Views

[Florida] More Duval County kids poisoned by e-cigarette liquid

Action News has uncovered new numbers that show more kids are being poisoned by the liquid nicotine from e-cigarettes in Duval County. With flavors like chocolate, cherry, watermelon and cinnamon, liquid nicotine sounds like candy,–and it’s getting more
WJAX-TV CBS 47 / WFOX-TV 30 (Jacksonville, FL)
added Jul 25, 2015 19:03
1 View

Mystery beach blast in Rhode Island blamed on hydrogen gas

It takes a very small amount of energy to ignite hydrogen, and even static electricity from hair can do it, Spivack said. The woman who was injured had been smoking at the beach earlier in the day, but officials don't know if she was smoking right before
AP - Associated Press
added Jul 24, 2015 20:16
3 Views

THORNLEY: Should liquid nicotine have warning labels and child resistant packaging?

Based on the data collected by the American Association of Poison Control Centers, it seems that FDA regulations that support child-proof packaging, and more standardized labeling would be extremely helpful in preventing further exposures.
Philly blogs
added Jul 25, 2015 15:31
4 Views

Tobacco-Free Kids Statement on Child Nicotine Poisoning Prevention Act of 2015

This legislation would give the CPSC the authority to require the use of child-resistant packaging on liquid nicotine containers sold to consumers, a requirement that would take effect 180 days after enactment. The CPSC currently requires such packaging
Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids (CTFK)
added Jul 24, 2015 11:30
Sign up for daily headlines All Headlines Featured Headlines U.S. Headlines International Headlines