Sort by: Date added | Date Published | Most Viewed

Headlines Tagged with Fires/Injuries 9,849 headlines found

4 Views

[Georgia] FDA Concerned About Exploding E-Cigarettes

Spike Babaian is the owner of Vape New York, a store specializing in e-cigarettes. She says these explosions are rare but when they do happen, it's mostly during charging. "You can't just stick this into any old charging unit and that is the biggest iss
WJBF-TV ABC Channel 6 (Augusta, GA)
added Apr 14, 2015 02:28
7 Views

VIDEO: GOOD MORNING AMERICA: E-Cigarettes Have Potential to Explode Like Firecrackers

"Gma investigates" and this morning a surprising safety alert. About e-cigarettes. They've become a popular alternative for smokers but sometimes can explode like firecrackers, ABC's Ryan smith is here with the story.
ABC News
added Apr 13, 2015 11:09
0 Views

[UK] FIRE: Smoking causes a third of all deaths in fires at home

Firefighters are urging smokers to wake up to the deadly dangers of smoking, particularly when they are tired, as a third of all deaths in fires in the home are caused by cigarettes. The reminder is part of an annual national initiative organised by the
MK News (uk)
added Apr 13, 2015 10:13
0 Views

[Minnesota] Discarded cigarette butt caused fire that destroyed Duluth apartment building

A discarded cigarette butt started the Easter Sunday fire that destroyed a Duluth apartment building and displaced 19 families, authorities said Thursday. “No charges are going to be filed; it was accidental,” said Duluth Fire Marshal Marnie Grondah
Duluth (MN) News-Tribune
added Apr 10, 2015 16:19
1 View

[Minnesota] Investigators: Cigarette Started Fire that Displaced Dozens

The Duluth Fire Department has determined that the Easter Sunday fire that displaced dozens of people was an accident, caused by improper disposal of a cigarette. The fire in the 20-unit apartment building at 1705 East Second Street displaced 44 people.
WDIO-TV/WIRT-TV ABC 10/13 (Duluth, MN)
added Apr 10, 2015 16:20
3 Views

Indiana's Vape bill stirs controversy after House, Senate approval

A battle is brewing between Indiana lawmakers and electronic cigarette manufacturers and stores. The controversy stems from a bill at the state house that would regulate liquids and ban sales to anyone under 18 in what’s called “vaping.”
WSBT Channel 22 (South Bend, IN)
added Apr 14, 2015 15:35
6 Views

[Ireland] Most fires start in bedrooms and cigarettes are main cause

Cigarettes were the suspected cause of a quarter of fatal fires an analysis of a decade of statistics shows....More fires began in a bedroom than any other room of the home. Bedrooms were the suspected place a fire started in 99 incidents, or three in 1
Irish Times (ie)
added Apr 8, 2015 12:45
2 Views

[Maryland] Springdale man dies after cigarette sparks house fire

When crews arrived at the two-story home, they found an 83-year-old man with burns to more than 80 percent of his body. A cigarette lit his clothing and started the fire, which family members in the home put out after smoke detectors went off, authorities
Washington Post
added Apr 6, 2015 17:03
4 Views

[New York] Chili man who caught fire in his car has died

An 84-year-old Chili man badly burned when a dropped cigarette ignited his clothes while driving last month has died...Christopher Flowers was driving on Chili Avenue near Interstate 390 in Gates about 8:50 a.m. March 9, when his clothing accidentally cau
Rochester (NY) Democrat and Chronicle
added Apr 6, 2015 16:38
18 Views

[Belarus, Ukraine] Two dead after plane carrying 'cigarette smugglers' crashes into house while flying low 'to avoid radar'

A plane police say was attempting to smuggle thousands of packets of cigarettes into Europe has hit a power line and crashed, killing at least two people on board. It is believed the Antonov An-2 multi-role light utility biplane was flying low in order
The Mirror (uk)
added Apr 6, 2015 16:33
Sign up for daily headlines All Headlines Featured Headlines U.S. Headlines International Headlines