Sort by: Date added | Date Published | Most Viewed

Headlines Tagged with Fires/Injuries 9,991 headlines found

1 View

[Australia] Woman who plunged to her death from a fifth-floor apartment could likely have been saved by sprinklers, coroner says, amid call for mandatory fire safety measures

Earlier Ms Jiang's flatmate Jason Zeng had been smoking on the balcony. He told police he butted out the cigarette in an ashtray
The Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday (uk)
added Sep 19, 2015 16:42
4 Views

[Sudan South] At Least 85 Killed In South Sudan Fuel Truck Explosion Sparked By A Cigarette

50 others were injured in the blast that occurred when someone lit a cigarette near a leaking fuel tanker, officials said.
BuzzFeed
added Sep 17, 2015 13:15
2 Views

[Sudan South] More than 100 killed in South Sudan when oil truck explodes

Reuters
added Sep 17, 2015 13:15
1 View

[Sudan South] Officials: Dozens killed in S. Sudan fuel tanker explosion

The explosion happened in Maridi town after the truck veered off the road...the tanker was "full of petrol" that started to leak and residents were siphoning off fuel when someone lit a cigarette, sparking an explosion.
AP - Associated Press
added Sep 17, 2015 13:14
0 Views

[UK] BMW driver crashes into a lake after he steps on the throttle instead of the brake while playing with his phone

He is said to be picking up the phone he was playing with before accident / Then clumsy driver stepped on the throttle instead of brake...Tang had been smoking so the driver side window was open, allowing him to escape without injury.
The Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday (uk)
added Sep 17, 2015 13:02
11 Views

[UK] Man, 21, put in a coma after suffering horrific first-degree burns to his face and a fractured neck when his e-cigarette EXPLODED in his hand

Lauria was in the ICU with first-degree burns to face and chest He also suffered burns to his hand and cornea, a fractured neck and finger and had his front tooth forced up into his gum and damage to lower teeth
The Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday (uk)
added Sep 16, 2015 13:09
3 Views

How Modern Furniture Endangers Firefighters

Consumer goods are increasingly made of synthetic materials and coatings. The carcinogens they give off when they burn could be driving high cancer rates among first responders.
The Atlantic Monthly
added Nov 23, 2015 16:54
17 Views

[UK] VIDEO: Man Left With Gaping Hole In Mouth After 'E-Cigarette Explosion'

A man was reportedly left unable to eat solid foods after an e-cigarette exploded in his face - leaving a gaping hole in his mouth. James Lauria, 23, from Cobb County, Georgia, was airlifted to hospital with first degree burns after the smoking device
Yahoo!
added Sep 11, 2015 08:23
4 Views

Exclusive: Man Severely Injured After eCigarette Blows Up In His Face

Looking at James Lauria is an absolutely heartbreaking sight. His pictures in the hospital show him with a breathing tube, his face and his fingers burned. And he said it's because of an e-cigarette that exploded in his face.
WJZY Fox 46 (Charlotte, NC)
added Sep 16, 2015 17:41
0 Views

[Pennsylvania] Fatal apartment fire blamed on dropped cigarette

LATROBE, Pa. (AP) - Authorities say a fire in a western Pennsylvania apartment that claimed the life of a woman was apparently started by a dropped cigarette.
AP - Associated Press
added Sep 6, 2015 18:15
Sign up for daily headlines All Headlines Featured Headlines U.S. Headlines International Headlines