Sort by: Date added | Date Published | Most Viewed

Headlines Tagged with Fires/Injuries 9,856 headlines found

5 Views

[UK] E-cigarette charger fire warning issued

E-smokers are being urged to unplug chargers when their cigarettes are powered up following a fire at a flat in Kendal. The fire, which started as a result of a charger being left in and switched on at the socket, caused significant burning to the charg
ITV Network Limited (uk)
added Apr 1, 2015 19:03
1 View

[Canada] MOORE: Smoke that cigarette but don’t burn my place down

in Edmonton and area 55 dwellings have burned down or have received heavy damage because of careless smoking...you can’t be charged for stupidity — there’s no law against it — but maybe there should be. Smokers should be on the hook for burning someone ou
Edson (AB) Leader (ca)
added May 31, 2015 08:09
2 Views

[Canada] Cigarette butt and a garbage pail of diapers to blame for massive condo fire: Edmonton fire chief

The blaze, which is expected to cost more than $16.3 million in building and property damage, is the second major Edmonton fire in less than a year caused by smoking material being carelessly thrown out...over the last five years, firefighters have respo
Metro (ca)
added May 25, 2015 23:20
3 Views

[UK] Smokers warned to be vigilant after discarded cigarette causes house fire

The front porch of a Burnsall Drive house set fire after a cigarette was thrown from an upstairs window and landed in a gutter, setting light to the porch. Firefighters used three fire engines to tackle the blaze which left which left the house filled
Runcorn and Widnes World (uk)
added May 26, 2015 09:27
2 Views

Breathe, eCig Corp. Confirms 100,000 Units of its Second Generation Product will Arrive First Week of June 2015 to Support New York City Launch

next generation devices (which will incorporate the Company's pending intellectual property) will reproducibly and precisely dispense the recommended amount of nicotine per puff and offer an optional childproofing device—both firsts in the industry. The c
PR Newswire
added May 22, 2015 21:00
4 Views

[New York] 2 dogs dead in Chester animal hospital fire

Fire officials say the owner of the All Pets Veterinary Hospital, Dr. Mark Lane, was inside when the fire started... Dr. Lane told police and fire officials on the scene that he fell asleep while smoking.
News 12
added May 22, 2015 18:12
8 Views

[Wyoming] Casper couple sues vapor cigarette dealer

Joshua and Allison Seel are suing a local vapor cigarette company after the battery in one of the devices allegedly exploded in Joshua Seel's left pant pocket, burning his leg and genitals, according to the lawsuit filed Tuesday. “These batteries are ext
Casper (WY) Star-Tribune
added May 25, 2015 22:59
2 Views

[Korea - South] Gov’t warns of possible nicotine overdose thru use of e-cigarettes

gwarned of a possible overdose of nicotine for those who smoke electronic cigarettes Tuesday, while ordering a recall of 10 e-cigarettes over defective power cord plugs that may cause a fire or electric shock.
Korea Observer (kr)
added Oct 29, 2015 12:27
1 View

[Korea - South] Gov’t warns of possible nicotine overdose thru use of e-cigarettes

gwarned of a possible overdose of nicotine for those who smoke electronic cigarettes Tuesday, while ordering a recall of 10 e-cigarettes over defective power cord plugs that may cause a fire or electric shock.
Korea Observer (kr)
added Oct 29, 2015 12:27
7 Views

[Asia, China, Korea - South] Gov't warns of possible nicotine overdose thru use of e-cigarettes

found four e-liquids out of 25 products reviewed contained at least 11 percent more nicotine than they were supposed to, meaning those who use such products may unknowingly intake more nicotine than they wish to or can. The study also found a problem wit
Yonhap News Agency (kr)
added May 19, 2015 03:04
Sign up for daily headlines All Headlines Featured Headlines U.S. Headlines International Headlines