Sort by: Date added | Date Published | Most Viewed

Headlines Tagged with Fires/Injuries 9,962 headlines found

12 Views

[Canada] 14-year-old Delta baseball player dies after falling while vaping nicotine

Kyle Losse, 14, was at home with family Sunday afternoon when he suddenly fainted. His stepmom Niki Losse said the family heard a loud noise from the bathroom. They found the teen on the floor with a vape pen or e-cigarette beside him.
Vancouver (BC) Sun (ca)
added Jan 25, 2018 22:07
3 Views

Man Injured By Exploding Vaporizer Files Suit In New York State Court ($$)

A man who was injured after his vaporizer exploded while he was using it filed suit Jan. 5 in a New York state court against the store that sold the vaporizer to him, claiming that the store should have known the product was defective and that there was a
Lexis Nexis
added Jan 26, 2018 00:50
14 Views

Public Health Consequences of E-Cigarettes [FREE FULL TEXT] (PDF) (613pp)

Given how rapidly the e-cigarette product marketplace and user population are changing, there will undoubtedly be many new issues that are currently unknown and will require careful surveillance and scientific scrutiny. The approaches taken by the committ
National Academies Press
added Jan 24, 2018 00:45
8 Views

National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine releases FDA-commissioned report on the potential public health consequences of e-cigarettes

The FDA continues to invest in research in many of the areas identified in the NASEM report to assess whether certain tobacco products are, in fact, less harmful and/or potential tools for helping smokers quit cigarettes, as well as understand the impact
FDA - Food and Drug Administration
added Jan 24, 2018 02:34
2 Views

[UK] Exeter city centre flat fire prompts warning about smoking in the home

Exeter Express & Echo (uk)
added Jan 19, 2018 21:10
4 Views

[New York] Webster vape shop sued over exploding e-cig battery

Owen Atkisson, 21, claimed in his complaint that he sustained “severe and painful burns” when the lithium-ion battery in his Smoke-E Mountain-brand vaporizer suddenly blew up while he was using the product on Oct. 16, 2015. The battery in question was t
Rochester (NY) Democrat and Chronicle
added Jan 17, 2018 09:12
7 Views

[Maryland] E-cigarette explosion sets man on fire

He spent months trying to wean himself off cigarettes, and Michael Henry had become quite adept at changing out the batteries on his e-cigarette, but when he attempted to do so on Sunday evening, something went terribly wrong. "Just a flash,” recalled He
WMAR ABC2 (Baltimore, MD)
added Feb 26, 2018 04:42
0 Views

[California] Santee City Council ending smoking on trails in the city

The City Council on Wednesday said it is prohibiting cigarettes, electronic cigarettes and vaping devices on trails within Santee city limits. Marijuana is already prohibited on city property. The council agreed that keeping the trails clean and safe a
San Diego (CA) Union-Tribune
added Jan 14, 2018 03:15
11 Views

Chemical Analysis and Simulated Pyrolysis of Tobacco Heating System 2.2 Compared to Conventional Cigarettes

Tobacco Heating System 2.2 (THS 2.2, marketed as iQOS), is a heat-not-burn (HNB) tobacco product... Other than some carbonyls, ammonia, and N-nitrosoanabasine (NAB), the delivered releases from THS 2.2 were at least 80% lower than those from 3R4F. Tar an
Nicotine and Tobacco Research
added Jan 9, 2018 03:05
5 Views

[New Jersey] EDITORIAL: Just say no to smoking at the Jersey Shore

Matt Doherty, mayor of Belmar, told a New Jersey radio station that after his Monmouth County borough instituted its smoking ban in the spring of 2014, merchants along the beach noticed an uptick in business.
NJ.com
added Jan 8, 2018 15:45
Sign up for daily headlines All Headlines Featured Headlines U.S. Headlines International Headlines