Headlines Tagged with Fires/Injuries — 10,012 headlines found
Wildland fires caused by cigarette butts likely tossed from cars, also the fire that burned a line of townhomes in Colorado Springs. A resident tried to put out a cigarette in a flower pot. Instead of dirt, it was mulch material that ignited.
Apr 19, 2018 KOAA NBC 5/30 (Colo. Springs/Pueblo, CO)
added Apr 21, 2018 20:49
A federal judge in Michigan on March 27 granted a motion to dismiss a tobacco company from an exploding e-cigarette suit and substitute the tobacco company’s subsidiary, which makes and sells the allegedly defective e-cigarette (Ronald Sumner v. R.J. Rey
Apr 16, 2018 Lexis Nexis
added Apr 16, 2018 21:56
Moncton Fire Department Division Chief of Fire Prevention Charles LeBlanc says if they are thrown away while they are still lit, winds can keep them burning. "Drier season [is a] much higher concern to us, and obviously as we're getting into the spring s
Apr 15, 2018 CHWV-FM 97.3 The Wave (ca)
added Apr 17, 2018 10:36
A 21-year-old student remains in the Burn Treatment ICU at Erie County Medical Center after his e-cigarette caught fire Friday in the hallway of the Erie 1 BOCES Center, reported West Seneca police. The student was listed in good condition and is being
Apr 14, 2018 Buffalo (NY) News
added Apr 15, 2018 17:45
R.J. Reynolds Vapor Co. has issued a nationwide safety recall of all Vuse Vibe power units after consumer reports that batteries malfunctioned and caused the units to overheat and create a fire risk. No injuries have been reported.
Apr 14, 2018 AP - Associated Press
added Apr 14, 2018 21:00
R.J. Reynolds Vapor Company has voluntarily initiated a nationwide safety recall of all Vuse Vibe power units...after receiving consumer complaints about malfunctioning batteries, which may cause the power unit to overheat and create a fire risk.
Apr 13, 2018 Reynolds American (RAI)
added Apr 14, 2018 01:51
Diane Roy, a 69-year-old woman who lived at 164 Hartwell St., died in the bathroom of her third-floor apartment after the cigar she was smoking ignited her clothing...Roy’s cigars were not required to meet the state’s Fire Standard Compliant Cigarettes g
Apr 12, 2018 Boston (MA) Globe
added Apr 15, 2018 16:31
South Yorkshire Fire & Rescue (SYFR) is working in partnership with South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Trust, to provide a meeting group once a week at Adwick station to help support residents who feel that the time has come to take that step to a heal
Apr 5, 2018 The Star / Sheffield Telegraph (uk)
added Apr 6, 2018 13:52
VIDEO: Vaping WARNING: Smoking THESE flavours could cause FATAL lung diseases / Competitive vaping: The next big trend?
One of the biggest reasons for this, experts claim, is the use of “fun” flavours which entice a younger crowd. Dr Tarran's team investigated these flavours in detail – not just as an incentive but as a danger in its own right. They took samples of 1
Mar 30, 2018 Daily Star (uk)
added Mar 31, 2018 16:28
Fire investigators determined the device’s exposed battery came in contact with combustible materials in the bag and ignited—in the middle of a crowded airport terminal. That fire could instead started on the plane where panic, and the possibility of tox
Mar 29, 2018 National Law Review
added Mar 30, 2018 16:04