Sort by: Date added | Date Published | Most Viewed

Headlines Tagged with Fires/Injuries 9,991 headlines found

9 Views

[Asia, India] How safe is e-cigarettes?

Dr. Rakesh Mahajan Gupta, Deputy Director of the Department of Health and Family Welfare Punjab, India, says that there is ample scientific evidence available about the harms of nicotine and that is the reason it is unapproved under the Drugs Act except
Asian Tribune
added Apr 23, 2018 17:18
3 Views

[Colorado] VIDEO: Tossed cigarette butts increasing fire danger

Wildland fires caused by cigarette butts likely tossed from cars, also the fire that burned a line of townhomes in Colorado Springs. A resident tried to put out a cigarette in a flower pot. Instead of dirt, it was mulch material that ignited.
KOAA NBC 5/30 (Colo. Springs/Pueblo, CO)
added Apr 21, 2018 20:49
13 Views

[Michigan] R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Co. Dismissed From Exploding E-Cigarette Suit ($$)

A federal judge in Michigan on March 27 granted a motion to dismiss a tobacco company from an exploding e-cigarette suit and substitute the tobacco company’s subsidiary, which makes and sells the allegedly defective e-cigarette (Ronald Sumner v. R.J. Rey
Lexis Nexis
added Apr 16, 2018 21:56
13 Views

[Canada] 'Up In Smoke': Improperly Extinguished Contraband Cigarettes More Likely To Cause A Fire

Moncton Fire Department Division Chief of Fire Prevention Charles LeBlanc says if they are thrown away while they are still lit, winds can keep them burning. "Drier season [is a] much higher concern to us, and obviously as we're getting into the spring s
CHWV-FM 97.3 The Wave (ca)
added Apr 17, 2018 10:36
7 Views

[New York] E-cigarette explodes, burns student at Erie 1 BOCES in West Seneca

A 21-year-old student remains in the Burn Treatment ICU at Erie County Medical Center after his e-cigarette caught fire Friday in the hallway of the Erie 1 BOCES Center, reported West Seneca police. The student was listed in good condition and is being
Buffalo (NY) News
added Apr 15, 2018 17:45
4 Views

E-Cigarette Brand's 2.6M Power Units Being Recalled

R.J. Reynolds Vapor Co. has issued a nationwide safety recall of all Vuse Vibe power units after consumer reports that batteries malfunctioned and caused the units to overheat and create a fire risk. No injuries have been reported.
AP - Associated Press
added Apr 14, 2018 21:00
8 Views

URGENT: VOLUNTARY PRODUCT RECALL OF VUSE VIBE POWER UNITS

R.J. Reynolds Vapor Company has voluntarily initiated a nationwide safety recall of all Vuse Vibe power units...after receiving consumer complaints about malfunctioning batteries, which may cause the power unit to overheat and create a fire risk.
Reynolds American (RAI)
added Apr 14, 2018 01:51
9 Views

[Massachusetts] Fatal Fall River fire caused by improper use of smoking materials

Diane Roy, a 69-year-old woman who lived at 164 Hartwell St., died in the bathroom of her third-floor apartment after the cigar she was smoking ignited her clothing...Roy’s cigars were not required to meet the state’s Fire Standard Compliant Cigarettes g
Boston (MA) Globe
added Apr 15, 2018 16:31
0 Views

[UK] South Yorkshire firefighters support smokers in quitting campaign

South Yorkshire Fire & Rescue (SYFR) is working in partnership with South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Trust, to provide a meeting group once a week at Adwick station to help support residents who feel that the time has come to take that step to a heal
The Star / Sheffield Telegraph (uk)
added Apr 6, 2018 13:52
11 Views

VIDEO: Vaping WARNING: Smoking THESE flavours could cause FATAL lung diseases / Competitive vaping: The next big trend?

One of the biggest reasons for this, experts claim, is the use of “fun” flavours which entice a younger crowd. Dr Tarran's team investigated these flavours in detail – not just as an incentive but as a danger in its own right. They took samples of 1
Daily Star (uk)
added Mar 31, 2018 16:28
Sign up for daily headlines All Headlines Featured Headlines U.S. Headlines International Headlines