Sort by: Date added | Date Published | Most Viewed

Headlines Tagged with Fires/Injuries 9,858 headlines found

4 Views

[New Jersey] Vaporizer explodes in vaper's face in Manchester

A vaporizer blew up in a 21-year-old man's face and set a bedroom on fire Tuesday evening, police said. Police first got word of "a small explosion and structure fire" on New Brunswick Avenue shortly before 7:20 p.m., according to a prepared statement fr
Asbury Park (NJ) Press
added May 18, 2017 01:11
10 Views

[UK] E-CIG CARNAGE IT worker, 32, shows horror injuries after her e-cig battery EXPLODED in her pocket while she was driving at 70mph

The Sun (uk)
added May 17, 2017 03:33
0 Views

[UK] 80 flee from top floor of Vauxhall tower block

More than 80 people had to flee and seven had to be led to safety when a fire started near the top floor of a tower block....The fire is believed to have been accidentally caused after smoking materials came into contact with a mattress and bedding.
London News Online (uk)
added May 17, 2017 15:37
6 Views

[Pennsylvania] Smoking woman who sprayed GAS on customer who told her to stub out her cigarette is jailed for up to six years

Police say Meshoppen resident Kimberly Brinton, 51, was pumping gas with a lit cigarette at Mehoopany Dandy Mart when Tami Donovan told her to put it out.... Brinton pleaded guilty Tuesday to risking a catastrophe
The Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday (uk)
added May 13, 2017 01:44
1 View

[Illinois] Glen Oak Towers Fire Death Result of Lit Cigarette

A man who died in the fire last month at Glen Oak Tower in Peoria was asleep, when a lit cigarette incinerated his couch and the rest of his one-bedroom apartment... the entire 12th floor is undergoing renovation.
WCBU - Peoria (IL) Public Radio
added May 11, 2017 20:02
3 Views

[China, Texas] Man Injured By Vaping Device Battery Files Second Amended Petition ($$)

filed a second amended petition in Texas state court to add a Chinese company that made the battery for a vaping device that exploded and injured him to his complaint against the makers of the vaping device and the store that sold it to him, a claiming ne
Lexis Nexis
added May 11, 2017 14:57
3 Views

[Arizona] UA Trauma Team Looks at Danger of E-cigarette Burns

University of Arizona trauma surgeons used examples from their own emergency room to highlight the potential dangers from electronic cigarette battery failures. Their case report is in the May issue of the journal Burns.
Arizona Public Media
added May 10, 2017 15:59
13 Views

Thank You for Smoking: Big Tobacco Rolls Back Into Washington

While Big Tobacco was not really a player in the Trump campaign, Reynolds and Altria donated big-time for Inauguration festivities, giving $1 million and $500,000 respectively, Open.Secrets said. And tobacco lobbying efforts in Washington have ramped up
Yahoo! Finance
added May 9, 2017 21:37
0 Views

[Michigan] Deadly house fire, sparked by cigarette and oxygen tank

A 64-year old man is dead following a house fire over the weekend. It was apparently sparked by a cigarette and an oxygen tank.
WJRT abc12 (Flint, MI)
added May 9, 2017 20:48
1 View

[Kansas] April apartment fire ruled accidental, blamed on careless smoking

Fire Marshal's Office says a massive fire last month at a Junction City apartment complex was an accident... damaged 28 units, displacing 40 residents. It caused an estimated $3.8 million in damages.
WIBW Channel 13 (Topeka, KS)
added May 9, 2017 21:34
Sign up for daily headlines All Headlines Featured Headlines U.S. Headlines International Headlines