Sort by: Date added | Date Published | Most Viewed

Headlines Tagged with Fires/Injuries 9,972 headlines found

2 Views

[Florida] VIDEO: Fire safety consultant suspects Belleza condo fire may have been caused by someone smoking a cigarette on balcony

“It all suggests there was smoking on the balcony where they had cushioned furniture, and it most likely, in my opinion, led to the cause of the fire,”...residents said they were told they will no longer be allowed back inside. “It’s going to be a long
WJAX-TV CBS 47 / WFOX-TV 30 (Jacksonville, FL)
added Jul 25, 2015 17:57
1 View

[Massachusetts] Man killed in house fire blamed on smoking

The officials said the fire started on the living room couch. They believe the man was the only occupant of the house on Family Lane....Coan said the man is the 27th person to die in a fire in the state this year. (AP)
AP - Associated Press
added Jul 25, 2015 17:48
2 Views

[Texas] Flash fire ignites after worker lights cigarette at construction site

Three workers were injured Wednesday morning when a flash fire sparked when one of them lit a cigarette... the construction workers were in an area heavy with gasoline fumes when one decided to smoke a cigarette.
KPRC-TV (Houston, TX)
added Jul 25, 2015 17:43
17 Views

[Massachusetts] Mass. tobacco farmer sued for discrimination, harrassment

Jesus deJesus, Alex Hernandez, and Raul Rivera claimed they worked at a tobacco farm owned by Thomas McLaughlin through a federal guest worker program in for five months in 2013. In a federal lawsuit filed last week, the three workers said they were subj
Boston (MA) Globe
added Jul 22, 2015 00:51
3 Views

[UK] 'Exploding' E-Cigarette Chargers Spark Alert

Fire chiefs say incidents occur because some electronic cigarettes smokers are not using compatible chargers, causing overheating.
Sky News (uk)
added Jul 17, 2015 19:55
2 Views

[UK] Exploding e-cigarettes spark national safety concerns

A series of “highly disturbing” fires caused by exploding e-cigarette chargers has prompted a nationwide safety alert. The Local Government Association, which represents the 49 fire and rescue authorities in England and Wales, are calling on e-cigarette
The Independent (uk)
added Jul 13, 2015 09:56
3 Views

[UK] E-cigarette charger safety alert issued after spate of fires

More than 100 fires have been blamed on the devices over the past two years, according to fire service figures. The Local Government Association (LGA), representing the 49 fire and rescue authorities in England and Wales, wants e-cigarette manufacturers
BBC Online
added Jul 13, 2015 09:56
6 Views

[UK] Driver crashes...after ‘throwing cigarette out of the window’

told by a police officer at the scene that it was thought the driver had tried to throw the cigarette out of her window, but it had blown back into the car. As she fumbled around for the lit cigarette she collided with the vehicle.
Mansfield Chad (uk)
added Jul 13, 2015 10:07
3 Views

ARCHIVE: Facebook E-Cigarette Death Report

A June 2015 Facebook post claims a woman’s neighbor died of suffocation due to e-cigarette use, but the claim has neither been substantiated nor reported upon in the news.
Snopes.com
added May 7, 2018 17:09
0 Views

[UK] Forty flee hostel fire in Dingwall Road, Croydon

it is believed to have been started by the careless disposal of a cigarette. They added: “It’s absolutely vital you ensure your cigarette is completely out when you’ve finished smoking it.
Your Local Guardian.co.uk (uk)
added Jul 8, 2015 10:25
Sign up for daily headlines All Headlines Featured Headlines U.S. Headlines International Headlines