Headlines Tagged with Fires/Injuries — 9,893 headlines found
A fire that started inside a Wingate Apartments unit, killing two people inside, was the result of the "careless" use of smoking materials inside, authorities say.
Oct 23, 2015 Grand Rapids (MI) Press
added Oct 24, 2015 03:39
USERS of e-cigarettes have been warned that the vast majority of refills are sub-standard with 90% containing chemicals not mentioned on the labels. The alarming report from the consumer protection agency DGCCRF also showed that 13 out of the 14 charge
Sep 30, 2015 The Connexion (fr)
added Sep 30, 2015 15:59
“As more and more Americans – especially young people – take up e-cigarettes, it is more important than ever that the FDA ensures our children are protected from the dangers of liquid nicotine,” Schneiderman said . “Child-resistant packaging and health w
Sep 29, 2015 North Country (NY) Gazette (blog)
added Sep 29, 2015 23:16
Attorneys general of 33 U.S. states, including New York's Eric Schneiderman, urged the Food and Drug Administration to ensure health warning labels on nicotine-containing liquids and other novel tobacco products. The attorneys general in a letter on Tue
Sep 29, 2015 Reuters
added Sep 29, 2015 23:09
50 others were injured in the blast that occurred when someone lit a cigarette near a leaking fuel tanker, officials said.
Sep 17, 2015 BuzzFeed
added Sep 17, 2015 13:15
Looking at James Lauria is an absolutely heartbreaking sight. His pictures in the hospital show him with a breathing tube, his face and his fingers burned. And he said it's because of an e-cigarette that exploded in his face.
Sep 7, 2015 WJZY Fox 46 (Charlotte, NC)
added Sep 16, 2015 17:41
It's very unlikely that nonsmoking Californians will suddenly get the munchies or experience any of the other reported effects of the intoxicating plant, Vandrey told Live Science. [11 Odd Facts About Marijuana]
Aug 19, 2015 LiveScience.com (Yahoo!)
added Aug 19, 2015 11:10
A man suffered minor burns at Woodford State Park Aug. 3 when he lit a cigarette in the cab of his truck where a propane tank had been leaking. According to Vermont State Police, the gas ignited, causing an explosion that blew the truck's two doors open
Aug 11, 2015 Bennington (VT) Banner
added Aug 12, 2015 13:40
Investigators said improperly disposed smoking materials on the porch started the fire and the house didn't have functioning smoke detectors.
Jul 31, 2015 AP - Associated Press
added Aug 1, 2015 20:16
[UK] Man, 20, dies after falling backwards down the 100ft chimney of seven-storey block of luxury flats in central London
people at the function had told him the victim had been enjoying a night-time cigarette when the tragedy unfolded. He said: 'They said he was just sitting on the sit smoking and he just must have fell. That's what they said inside, but I don't know if tha
Jul 31, 2015 The Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday (uk)
added Jul 31, 2015 12:39