Sort by: Date added | Date Published | Most Viewed

Headlines Tagged with Fires/Injuries 9,875 headlines found


[UK] Dad's brush with death after exploding e-cigarette turned him into a human FIREBALL

Kevin Woodward, 30, revealed how he felt a "blow torch" was being held to his face when his Eleaf Istick blew up. Kevin had put the vaping device, manufactured in China, on charge overnight when it caught fire.
Daily Star (uk)
added Jan 17, 2016 20:45

Brooks Proposal to Ensure Child-Proof Packaging for Liquid Nicotine Containers Passes Congress

Today, Congress passed S. 142, the Child Nicotine Poisoning Prevention Act of 2015, companion legislation to a proposal introduced in the House by Congresswoman Susan W. Brooks (R-IN05). This legislation requires that child safety packaging be used for li
US Congresswoman Susan Brooks (R-IN)
added Jan 15, 2016 03:40

[Asia, China] Smoker forces high-speed train to delay departure

hundreds of passengers were held up in Guangzhou Tuesday apparently because a passenger puffed on a cigarette. The 670 passengers that boarded the Guangzhou to Wuhan train expected to take off at 3 pm...Workers at the station said smoke from a cigarette
Global Times (cn)
added Jan 4, 2016 19:25

[Asia, China] LETTER: The future shouldn't be built on tobacco money

In the wake of the 5/12 earthquake in Sichuan Province last year, different "Hope Schools" emerged in the area for homeless children and orphans. Among these schools, one has drawn particular attention. It is named after the province's Tobacco Company –
Global Times (cn)
added Jan 4, 2016 19:24

Senate approves bill to child-proof liquid nicotine bottles

approved a measure to require manufacturers to put child-proof caps on bottles of liquid nicotine in stores across the country Thursday. It is the first time the Senate has passed a bill aimed at regulating liquid nicotine used in e-cigarettes and other v
WWSB ABC 7 (Sarasota, FL)
added Dec 14, 2015 13:50

Russia psychiatric hospital fire kills 23

Medical personnel said patients did not have access to matches or lighters. Nurse Nadezhda Sukhareva said patients were allowed to smoke but staff would light their cigarettes for them outside the building. "There's no way we would give them matches,"
AFP - Agence France Presse (fr)
added Dec 13, 2015 16:23

[UK] E-cigarette charging warning issued by Worcestershire's trading standards team

FAULTY batteries in e-cigarettes could cause fires this Christmas, according to trading standards teams. Consumers are being warned by Worcestershire Regulatory Services to be alert when purchasing products, as
Worcester News (Newsquest [Worcester) Limited] (uk)
added Dec 4, 2015 14:26

VIDEO: Colorado Springs and Pueblo News News5 Investigates: Man hospitalized after e-cigarette exp

an e-cigarette exploded in his face, shattering his vertebrae and breaking his neck. News5 Investigates uncovered more than two dozen fires and explosions related to e-cigarettes over the last 6 years.
KOAA NBC 5/30 (Colo. Springs/Pueblo, CO)
added Nov 24, 2015 03:31

[Tennessee] VIDEO: Man seriously injured when e-cig explodes in his face

WARNING: SOME OF THESE INJURIES ARE GRAPHIC Caples is in critical condition with a shattered vertebrae. He have to have surgery to give himself a chance to walk again. He also has multiple fractures, a hole in his mouth, and a broken neck.
KPHO CBS 5 News (Phoenix, AZ)
added Nov 23, 2015 16:28

[Pennsylvania] E-cigarette battery explodes inside car, burning Washington County couple

the battery went up in flames and severely burned his girlfriend’s hands while they were driving on Interstate 79 Tuesday night. “It was an instant flash. I mean, the battery just instantly started glowing red, it was like a blacksmith heating metal --
WPXI (Pittsburgh, PA)
added Nov 21, 2015 20:40
Sign up for daily headlines All Headlines Featured Headlines U.S. Headlines International Headlines