Headlines Tagged with Fires/Injuries — 9,934 headlines found
[Indiana] Phil Gulley: Ashes to Ashes / Cigarettes continue to extinguish thousands of lives a week, and I’m smoldering about it.
4,295 people were killed on motorcycles in the United States, while more than 480,000 people died from cigarettes. I don’t know how many people will die this year from being blown up at gas stations, but I’m trying my best not to be one of them.
Jun 24, 2016 Indianapolis Monthly
added Jun 25, 2016 02:14
Prepare to pay big if you're caught littering a lit cigarette. Washington State Patrol (WSP) announced a $1,025 fine to deter people from throwing lit tobacco products from their cars. Troopers said there is more risk of fires with dry weather condition
Jun 17, 2016 KIMA TV (Yakima, WA)
added Jun 19, 2016 12:18
The focus, to this point, has been primarily the health effects of inhaling the chemicals. Taking steps to protect people from the devices exploding must take place immediately.
Jun 10, 2016 Walla Walla (WA) Union-Bulletin
added Jun 13, 2016 22:07
The causes of the fire aboard the General Slocum...remain murky, but contemporary accounts seem to agree that it began with a lit cigarette or a match igniting straw in a storage room... The New-York Historical Society currently houses more than 20 artif
Jun 11, 2016 New York Times
added Jun 11, 2016 15:33
[California] Back in the saddle! Lady Gaga wears large hat and cowboy boots and puffs on a cigarette as she rides her horse in Malibu
Smoke break: The singer was spotted puffing on a cigarette as they rode in the hills above Malibu
Jun 10, 2016 The Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday (uk)
added Jun 10, 2016 21:47
An e-cigarette exploded and tore through a man's eye, smashed two cheekbones and then set a fire, the man, now blind in one eye, claims in a lawsuit against vaping retailers and distributors. Joseph Cavins and his wife of 32 years say injuries from v
May 25, 2016 Courthouse News
added Jun 10, 2016 01:40
Nu Mark has urged buyers to stop using the Green Smoke A/C D/C wall adaptor immediately after it discovered that the plastic housing of the adapter may break and expose internal parts, posing a potential electrical shock hazard.
Jun 3, 2016 West Sussex Today (uk)
added Jun 3, 2016 14:51
[UK] Family escapes massive house fire after 15-year-old boy's e-cigarette exploded as it charged next to his bed overnight
A family of four are ‘lucky to be alive’ after a 15-year-old boy’s e-cigarette charger set fire to his bed. Nathan Holt had left the device charging overnight at his £115,000 terraced family home in Bolton, Greater Manchester, when he awoke at 2.30am on
May 16, 2016 The Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday (uk)
added May 16, 2016 19:43
A freak fire in the storeroom of the government-run tuberculosis hospital in this Rajasthan holy town burnt to death a patient on Thursday morning, sparking suspicion that the semi-sedated man was secretly smoking inside.
May 12, 2016 Hindustan Times (in)
added May 12, 2016 19:58
Schumer called electronic cigarettes “ticking time bombs” on Sunday, as he urged the Food and Drug Administration to use its new authority to probe — and possibly recall — the devices.
May 9, 2016 New York Post
added May 9, 2016 14:58