Sort by: Date added | Date Published | Most Viewed

Headlines Tagged with Fires/Injuries 9,889 headlines found


[New York] VIDEO: Teen Badly Injured When Vape Pen Explodes At Brooklyn Mall

“They don’t ask him for any ID, nothing, and they’re showing him different kinds of products and there are no signs up that reflect state and city law. It’s illegal to sell these products to anyone under the age of 21,” he said. The kiosk now has a sign
CBS New York - Ch. 2
added Apr 19, 2016 16:48

[UK] Fake cigarettes seized in Derbyshire could kill in 'minutes'

could spark tragic fires, warn city trading standards experts. The illicit packs, made in China or Eastern Europe, also contain levels of lead and cadmium up to seven times higher than normal.
Burton Mail (uk)
added Mar 28, 2016 17:20

[Massachusetts] VIDEO: Child-resistant packaging required for e-cigarette liquids

New regulations requiring child-resistant packaging for liquids and gels used in electronic cigarettes will soon take effect in Massachusetts. The new restrictions are intended to address concerns that children may swallow the liquids or gels, which cont
WWLP-22News (Springfield, MA)
added Mar 14, 2016 19:27

[UK] More than 200 smoking-related fires in last five years

MORE than 200 house fires in Cheshire have been caused by smoking over the last five years according to new figures. The figures, released by Cheshire Fire to coincide with today’s No Smoking Day, show that between March 2011 and February 2016 there were
Warrington Guardian (uk)
added Mar 9, 2016 18:52

[Florida] Woman severely burned in e-cigarette explosion

A woman suffered first and second degree burns on her face, neck, and hands when she says her e-cigarette exploded in her face Thursday night. Cassandra Koziol, 30, says she was in her car outside her home on Hickory Wood Drive using her e-cigarette when
WINK-TV Channel 5 (Ft. Myers, FL)
added Mar 5, 2016 00:04

[Colorado] 'Sparks started flying out of my pocket': Teen suffers horrific third-degree burns after e-cigarette explodes in his pants

A Colorado teenager was left with horrific burns to his leg after he says his electronic cigarette spontaneously exploded in his pant pocket. 'Seeing your whole leg pussed out and all black, it doesn't make you feel too good about yourself,' 17-year-old
The Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday (uk)
added Feb 29, 2016 20:49

[Virginia] VIDEO: Discarded cigarette blamed for Chesterfield's deadliest fire on record

A discarded cigarette sparked the deadliest fire on record in Chesterfield County and one of the worst in modern Virginia history, fire officials say. Fire marshals determined after an extensive investigation that a cigarette discarded in the attached ga
Richmond (VA) Times-Dispatch
added Feb 25, 2016 04:42

[UK] Warning to e-cig users following battery explosions

Every vaping company now has to release battery information with all purchases- this gives consumers an understanding of how to properly use and store the equipment. A major issue, according to the Local Government Association (LGA), is that some batter
Ashford Herald (uk)
added Feb 23, 2016 15:41

[Washington] Seattle's Harborview Medical Center sees gruesome injuries from e-cigarettes

Burn and trauma experts at Harborview Medical Center say Pickett is one of four young people since October treated for gruesome injuries caused by exploding e-cigarettes. National fire experts say the Harborview cases are part of a small but disturbing
Yakima (WA) Herald
added Feb 21, 2016 17:19

New regs for Monday: Pajamas, cigarette lighters, mortgages

Cigarette lighters: The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is reviewing the safety standards for disposable and novelty cigarette lighters. The CPSC issued an information collection request Friday that would allow it to examine the current stand
The Hill
added Feb 19, 2016 21:26
Sign up for daily headlines All Headlines Featured Headlines U.S. Headlines International Headlines