Headlines Tagged with Fires/Injuries — 10,049 headlines found
[Georgia] VIDEO: Elizabeth Wilkowski, Atlanta Woman, Claims E-Cigarette Explosion Almost Destroyed Her Home
An Atlanta woman claims her home was nearly destroyed after her electronic cigarette exploded, lighting her couch and rug on fire.
Sep 4, 2013 Huffington Post (blog)
added Sep 4, 2013 10:52
The driver of a southbound sport utility vehicle involved in Sunday’s fatal crash was reaching for a dropped cigarette and lighter when his vehicle crossed over two lanes and struck head-on a northbound motorcycle, according to crash reports.
Aug 12, 2013 Bellefontaine (OH) Examiner
added Aug 14, 2013 02:22
Witnesses told police the fire started in Stracener's bedroom, and authorities believe the fire is believed to have began as a cigarette-related accident. The Marion County coroner determined that Stracener died from smoke inhalation.
Jun 9, 2013 KYTV KY3 (Springfield, MO)
added Jun 10, 2013 10:59
For whatever reason — reluctance to fire up gun advocates would be an educated guess — the menace of wildland shooting goes unhighlighted in the miscellaneous file. National statistics also fail to break out gun-caused fires.
May 31, 2013 U-T San Diego [San Diego Union Tribune]
added May 31, 2013 16:59
Police suspect a fire in the Legislative Council office of radical lawmaker "Long Hair" Leung Kwok-hung was caused by someone breaking the ban on smoking in government offices. No one was injured in the Saturday night blaze but a sofa and a picture of m
May 13, 2013 Hong Kong Standard (hk)
added May 12, 2013 17:01
The woman wasn't hurt but a firefighter was and had to be taken to the hospital.
May 4, 2013 Baynews 9 (Tampa, FL)
added May 5, 2013 22:06
The fire at the JFK Presidential Library and Museum in Boston Monday was caused by careless disposal of smoking materials, city fire officials said. Boston officials had initially feared that the fire at the library might have been connected to the bomb
Apr 19, 2013 Boston (MA) Globe
added Apr 19, 2013 13:38
In the wake of the Boston Marathon bombing and on the anniversary week of the Oklahoma City bombing, sometimes ‘People do things sometimes without thinking,’ says a charitable spokesperson for the Miami Dade Police Dept.
Apr 18, 2013 New York Daily News
added Apr 18, 2013 19:49
Fire investigators now say it appears that careless smoking may have triggered a house fire near Dorr that killed a West Michigan man early Friday morning. The family of 41-year-old Paul Smit says he stayed behind to try to extinguish the fire, instead o
Apr 6, 2013 1450 WHTC (Holland, MI)
added Apr 7, 2013 00:08
Negligence, careless smoking and reluctance to comply with fire safety rules are the most frequent causes of residential building fires across Russia.
Mar 18, 2013 RIA Novosti (Russian Information Agency) (ru)
added Mar 30, 2013 10:40