Sort by: Date added | Date Published | Most Viewed

Headlines Tagged with Fires/Injuries 9,913 headlines found


[UK] Vaper, 25, suffers horrific acid burns and bruising after e-cigarette explodes 'like a hand grenade' blasting a hole in his living room wall

Ian Cudbertson has been scarred for life after his ordeal and reckons he would have been killed if he had been smoking the gadget at the time. The 25-year-old was watching television when he suddenly felt the device burning red hot in his pocket so he p
The Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday (uk)
added Apr 24, 2017 19:10

[Asia, Mid-east] Don’t be fooled by e-cigarettes, warn UAE doctors

Viral videos show e-cigarettes exploding in users' pockets and hands, often causing severe disfigurement, but doctors warn that vaping may also cause cancer and heart disease due to deadly chemicals that users inhale. Dr Georgey Koshy, Chief Medical Off
Khaleej Times (ae)
added Apr 22, 2017 22:27

[Mid-east] Don’t be fooled by e-cigarettes, warn UAE doctors

Doctors in the UAE are urging e-cigarette users to be aware of the health risks from the practice of vaping and say e-cigarettes are just as harmful as smoking tobacco. Millions of cigarette smokers around the world, including in the UAE, want to kick th
Khaleej Times (ae)
added Apr 21, 2017 19:27

Navy Suspends Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (ENDS) on Ships, Subs, Aircraft

The prohibition applies to Sailors, Marines, Military Sealift Command civilians and any personnel working on or visiting those units. The Fleet commanders implemented this policy to protect the safety and welfare of Sailors and to protect the ships, su
added Apr 14, 2017 22:45


If you were seriously burned by an exploding e-cigarette (also, personal vaporizer or “vape”), you may have a claim against the manufacturers of the vape device and battery, and possibly others. This means you can sue for money damages, which should incl
Pritzker Hageman, P.A.
added Apr 12, 2017 14:55

[Iran, Mid-east] VIDEO: This is why you should quit smoking! Shocking moment footpath EXPLODES in man's face after he throws cigarette butt down an underground sewer

A man has miraculously escaped death after throwing a cigarette butt down a sewer (pictured) only for it to cause an enormous explosion that sent him flying backwards in Tehran, Iran
The Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday (uk)
added Apr 12, 2017 14:37

[UK] 'Cigarette' fire devastates Bradgate Park in Leicestershire

A discarded cigarette butt could have caused a fire which "devastated" a country park, its owners have said. The blaze destroyed about 1,000 sq m of scrubland at Bradgate Park, in Newtown Linford, Leicestershire, at about 16:45 BST on Saturday.
BBC Online
added Apr 10, 2017 16:32

[California] Is Robin a bit Thicke? Singer openly flirts with danger as he puffs on a cigarette while filling up his car's petrol tank

While the activity is a misdemeanour in some states, having an open flame - including lit cigarettes - near a gas pump is a strict fire code in California, which requires stations to display 'No Smoking' signs.
The Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday (uk)
added Apr 6, 2017 20:55

[UK] Switching to vaping cuts fire death risk, London Fire Brigade safety chief tells smokers

Dan Daly of the London Fire Brigade said electronic devices hold “fewer fire risks” for smokers than cigarettes. Mr Daly, assistant commissioner for fire safety, said: “Our preference is that you stop smoking altogether. But if you must smoke, vaping ho
London Evening Standard (uk)
added Mar 24, 2017 12:23

Battery Safety Concerns in Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (ENDS) Public Workshop - April 2017

CTP seeks to gather information about battery safety concerns (e.g., overheating, fire, explosion, other modes of failure), risk mitigation, and design parameters related to ENDS. Additionally, information related to the communication from tobacco produc
FDA - Food and Drug Administration
added Mar 9, 2017 16:05
Sign up for daily headlines All Headlines Featured Headlines U.S. Headlines International Headlines