Headlines Tagged with Fires/Injuries — 9,991 headlines found
Fire investigators now say it appears that careless smoking may have triggered a house fire near Dorr that killed a West Michigan man early Friday morning. The family of 41-year-old Paul Smit says he stayed behind to try to extinguish the fire, instead o
Apr 6, 2013 1450 WHTC (Holland, MI)
added Apr 7, 2013 00:08
Negligence, careless smoking and reluctance to comply with fire safety rules are the most frequent causes of residential building fires across Russia.
Mar 18, 2013 RIA Novosti (Russian Information Agency) (ru)
added Mar 30, 2013 10:40
A total fire ban - including a first-time ban on smoking on the field - will be in place at this weekend's Omaka Classic Fighters Airshow. Anyone who wants to light up would have to go to a designated smoking area because the fire risk was deemed too h
Mar 26, 2013 Independent Newspapers Ltd. / STUFF (nz)
added Mar 26, 2013 14:10
Burning shisha coal and cigarette butts caused 55 fires in Dubai last year, according to Dubai Police.
Mar 14, 2013 Arabian Business
added Mar 14, 2013 07:02
85 fires as a result of human mistakes last year
Feb 17, 2013 Gulf News (ae)
added Feb 17, 2013 14:35
ABU DHABI // A driver who was under the influence of marijuana when he crashed, killing his cousin, told a court he was stoned from second-hand smoke.
Jan 9, 2013 The National Newspaper (ae)
added Jan 9, 2013 14:29
Electrical fires were the leading cause of fire fatalities, responsible for 17 deaths. Smoking accounted for 15 fire deaths, and cooking fires were responsible for 7 deaths, according to data provided by the city.
Jan 3, 2013 New York Times
added Jan 3, 2013 03:15
the fire looked to be accidental. Investigators believe a lit cigarette fell from a third floor balcony to the second floor, causing the blaze.
Dec 21, 2012 KHOU CBS 11 (Houston, TX)
added Dec 21, 2012 12:16
Tenants of Tamweel Tower, many of whom were left with only the clothes they had been sleeping in when a fire erupted, reacted with shock last night to news that a cigarette started the blaze.
Dec 5, 2012 7 Days (ae)
added Dec 5, 2012 06:01
"careless smoking" was the cause of an early morning apartment fire that caused an estimated $1 million in damage and displaced 23 people. A resident did not completely put out a lit cigarette they placed on the porch, said Bellamy.
Nov 27, 2012 Tallahassee (FL) Democrat
added Nov 27, 2012 12:28