Headlines Tagged with Fires/Injuries — 10,033 headlines found
A fire that injured several people Monday morning was started by someone smoking in bed with an oxygen tank, according to authorities in Lakewood. Flames could be seen coming out of the sixth floor window of a high rise.
Jun 30, 2014 KKTV 11 (Colorado Springs / Pueblo, CO)
added Jul 1, 2014 12:28
given the lack of regulation and research, including studies of the long-term effects, the jury is still out on its ultimate safety. Do your own research. Check out the CDC, FDA, and the Poison Control Center first, and consult your physician to learn of
Jun 24, 2014 Electronic Urban Report (EUR)
added Jun 24, 2014 13:38
Victorian Poisons Information Centre manager Jeff Robinson said the service had nine calls last year about nicotine poisoning related to e-cigarettes, including five cases involving children aged one to four.
Jun 7, 2014 WAtoday.com.au (au)
added Jun 8, 2014 12:57
Fire Department says in the past three weeks, there have been 21 local structure fires -- including 13 resulting from people not properly disposing of their cigarettes.... AFD Assistant Chief of Operations Graig Temple says the fires have collectively cau
May 26, 2014 KTUU-Ch. 2 (Anchorage, AK)
added May 27, 2014 12:36
The human-caused fire was sparked May 19 in the 1.9 million-acre Kenai National Wildlife Refuge. The weather forecast for the area calls for possible rain beginning Tuesday, said Willie Begay, a spokesman with the management team responding to the fire.
May 27, 2014 AP - Associated Press
added May 27, 2014 12:34
[California] COKER: Goodness Gracious, Great Balls of E-Cig Explosions: What We Know, and How to Stay Safe
Don't shop online until you know what you're doing and which brands to trust.There's such a huge gap in the consistency of products and warning labels. Thankfully, compared to the number of vapers, these explosions have only occurred a handful of times.
May 5, 2014 OC Weekly
added May 9, 2014 01:10
I am writing to you because of my concern with (1) the poison risk posed by liquid nicotine; and (2) the use of e-cigarettes by children. As e-cigarettes increase in popularity, calls to the nation's poison control centers about exposure to the liqu
May 2, 2014 Maryland Attorney General
added May 5, 2014 21:23
shows a nationwide rise in nicotine exposure from the liquid in e-cigarettes, mirroring increases seen by Arizona's poison control centers. The number of calls nationally rose from one per month in September 2010 to 215 calls per month in February 2014,
Apr 20, 2014 Verde (AZ) Independent
added Apr 20, 2014 07:56
Nicotine is used in rat poison. Nicotine causes chemical burns on the skin. The liquid has already killed several children who were attracted by the flavors. And you really want to inhale this stuff?
Apr 7, 2014 Glenwood Springs (CO) Post Independent
added Apr 8, 2014 22:59
[UK] Pictured: Dramatic moment e-cigarette exploded in a pub and engulfed teenage barmaid who escaped with just a charred dress
Felt the heat as she ran away from device and 'started crying hysterically' E-cigarette was plugged into an iPad charger on the bar when it blew up
Apr 8, 2014 The Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday (uk)
added Apr 8, 2014 17:56