Sort by: Date added | Date Published | Most Viewed

Headlines Tagged with Fires/Injuries 10,012 headlines found

5 Views

[California] E-cigarette may have caused home explosion that injured O.C. teen

The 17-year-old boy injured in the blast was being taken to a hospital before police and paramedics arrived at the home, Dunn said. His injuries are not life-threatening, but his exact condition was unknown.
Los Angeles Times
added Feb 25, 2015 19:54
5 Views

[UK] E-CIGARETTES: Bucks Fire are urging people to take care when charging e-cigarettes after house fire in New Bradwell

Firefighters are urging people to take care when charging e-cigarettes following a product recall and an incident in Milton Keynes last week. On February Thursday 19 an e-cigarette charger exploded at a home in Newport Road, and the charger caught on fi
MK News (uk)
added Feb 23, 2015 13:08
5 Views

Missouri lawmakers look to child-proof e-cigarettes

The Missouri House is considering whether the state should bypass the feds and mandate child-proof packaging on liquid nicotine products sold in the state. A committee approved the idea last week.
Kansas City (MO) Star
added Feb 18, 2015 16:13
5 Views

[Washington] Gov. Inslee cites new data showing alarming increase in adolescent use of electronic cigarettes

Inslee today released a report that shows Washington’s 8th and 10th grade students use electronic cigarettes, or “vaping,”... “It’s too easy and too cheap for teens to buy and use vaping products. We have to change that. We must have a system in place lik
Office of the Governor (WA)
added Feb 13, 2015 18:05
5 Views

[California] PROTECT YOUR FAMILY FROM E-CIGARETTES / The Facts You Need to Know (PDF)

ARE THEY SAFE TO SMOKE INDOORS? No. E-cigarettes pollute the air with tiny particles that get trapped in the lungs. Just like regular cigarettes, the pollution from e-cigarettes may hurt others.
California Department of Public Health
added Jan 21, 2015 14:24
5 Views

[UK] Outcasts! E-cig smokers left out in the cold as more venues ban the devices

More and more venues across the region are now banning the devices which are widely-seen as an essential aid for those wanting to kick tobacco. ‘Vaping’ is outlawed at Old Trafford and The Etihad, on trams and Metrolink stops, trains and train statio
Manchester Evening News (uk)
added Dec 18, 2014 08:34
5 Views

[Oregon] 'Smoking materials' caused $1 million fire to six Beaverton-area townhomes

Eight Oak Hills residents were displaced after a fire damaged multiple townhouses Sunday night, according to Tualatin Valley Fire
The Oregonian
added Nov 28, 2014 14:28
5 Views

[UK] Calls for safety warnings after 'exploding' e-cigarette chargers cause more than 100 fires

The Local Government Association (LGA), which represents fire brigades in England and Wales, said e-cigarette blazes have been increasing in the last two years and is calling for “graphic” warnings to be put on chargers.
The Independent (uk)
added Nov 16, 2014 21:58
5 Views

[California] VIDEO: 2 Investigates: Poisonings from e-cigarette liquid spikes, mostly among children

n alarming trend in California: the number of calls to Poison Control for nicotine poisoning from e-cigarette liquid is on the rise, more than doubling in just the last year. And California Poison Control reports that most of those cases involve young ch
KTVU/BayInsider.com Fox Ch. 2 (Oakland, CA)
added Nov 13, 2014 02:20
5 Views

[UK] Smoker takes up the habit again after e-cigarette 'almost blew off his leg'

David said the nightmare had led him back to tobacco, saying: ‘I’m back on ciggies. It’s safest.’ He claims the shop which sold him the e-cig blamed wrong batteries. And David is now considering suing the makers of the Mutant Clone e-cigarette.
Metro Café (uk)
added Oct 14, 2014 13:35
Sign up for daily headlines All Headlines Featured Headlines U.S. Headlines International Headlines