Sort by: Date added | Date Published | Most Viewed

Headlines Tagged with Fires/Injuries 10,062 headlines found

33 Views

[Oregon] Smoker ignites oxygen system

A Eugene woman was flown by to a Portland burn center after she was injured while smoking near a medical oxygen system in her home.
The Bend (OR) Bulletin
added Jul 15, 2012 13:12
32 Views

[Massachusetts] Dangers of smoking near an oxygen tank

“We've had several fires with the people smoking with the oxygen tanks it's a big problem. I know the State Fire Marshal is very concerned with that”, says Springfield Fire Commissioner Joseph Conant The Fire Marshal has started a campaign called "Brea
WWLP-22News (Springfield, MA)
added Mar 19, 2013 03:25
31 Views

E-cigarettes made especially for inmates

It will be important to monitor the impact of the increasing availability of electronic nicotine delivery systems (ENDS) to jail and prison populations on several factors specific to this unique environment, such as smoking behaviours during incarceration
Tobacco Control
added Nov 16, 2014 21:45
30 Views

Hurricane Matthew Spins Tobacco Case into Mistrial, Washes Delays into Florida Courts

The mistrial followed three days in which the Brevard County courthouse had been dark... The three-day delay Matthew caused in the Wallace trial, combined with a crowded court docket, led to the mistrial declaration. No new trial date has been set.
Courtroom View Network (CVN)
added Oct 11, 2016 01:48
30 Views

[Illinois] Bethalto man burned when cigarette ignites his oxygen tank

A man who used oxygen to help him breathe suffered head and facial burns when his cigarette ignited, fire officials said. The (Alton) Telegraph reports the man, described only as in his mid-50s, was injured Wednesday.
AP - Associated Press
added Apr 12, 2013 13:15
29 Views

[Canada] 9-year-old sent to hospital after drinking 'Unicorn Milk' e-cigarette fluid

The children were tempted to try the strawberry-flavoured fluid because it smelled good, and a brightly coloured unicorn decorated the container, L'Hoir told CBC News. "They decided to taste it and after that, my daughter wasn't feeling too good," she s
CBC News (ca)
added May 31, 2017 18:50
29 Views

[Canada] Improper disposal of smoking materials destroyed 3 homes in Lethbridge:chief

A fire that destroyed three homes and damaged others in southern Alberta was caused by improper disposal of smoking materials. The blaze got rolling in a west Lethbridge residence Wednesday night and winds quickly spread the fire to two neighbouring hou
Canadian Press
added Apr 8, 2016 04:38
29 Views

[Russia] VIDEO: Shocking moment woman's car explodes after she lights a cigarette while driving

The Mirror (uk)
added May 15, 2015 09:49
29 Views

[Idaho] Fire chief: Smoker on oxygen ignited deadly fire

Fire officials in south-central Idaho say a smoker lighting a cigarette while using an oxygen tank ignited a fire that killed her and quickly spread in the apartment filled with additional oxygen tanks.
AP - Associated Press
added Apr 18, 2013 16:59
28 Views

Canada must act fast on branding of vape products, cancer group says

child treated in hospital after drinking sweet-smelling e-cigarette fluid called Unicorn Milk...The Canadian Cancer Society is calling on the federal government to move quickly on tougher regulations surrounding the labelling of vaping products. The push
CBC News (ca)
added Jun 1, 2017 18:42
Sign up for daily headlines All Headlines Featured Headlines U.S. Headlines International Headlines