Sort by: Date added | Date Published | Most Viewed

Headlines Tagged with Fires/Injuries 9,851 headlines found

41 Views

[Missouri] Gotta have another cigarette...last one

The victim is Delores Anderson, 75. The structure is owned by Spring River Christian Village. ... The victim was smoking while on oxygen equipment.
Joplin (MO) Independent
added May 11, 2013 14:23
40 Views

[Oregon] Burning cigar, stroke are factors in fatal house hire

The man was smoking in bed shortly before 11 p.m. when he had a stroke and couldn’t escape from the fire that soon spread throughout the home in the 1900 block of Dogwood Drive, officials said.
Eugene (OR) Register-Guard
added Apr 10, 2014 17:44
40 Views

[Oklahoma] Man killed in explosion due to smoking around his oxygen tank

Jones was smoking a cigarette at the time. His family tells us he has had three prior explosions at his home for the same reason, but this one was different because it killed him.
The Oklahoman
added Jul 28, 2013 21:10
40 Views

[Asia, Israel] Toddler who ingested liquid nicotine passes away

A two-year-old girl who ingested liquid nicotine from an electronic cigarette passed away on Tuesday evening in Hadassah Medical Center in Jerusalem's Ein Karem, Army Radio reported.
Jerusalem Post
added Jun 4, 2013 17:46
39 Views

[North Carolina] Cigarettes blamed for Asheville fires

Second blaze in a week caused by smoking
Asheville (NC) Citizen-Times
added Aug 30, 2012 11:46
38 Views

[Canada] Lac La Biche apartment fire caused by cigarette butt

investigation has indicated that the fire was started by a cigarette put out in a peat moss container...The cost of damages is estimated at $1.25 million. All 42 occupants have been displaced as a result of the blaze.
CBC News (ca)
added Mar 13, 2016 17:33
38 Views

[Kentucky] Tobacco Farmer To 'Daily Show': It's OK To Employ Kids In The Fields Because Society's 'Too Soft'

a devastating reality that even "The Daily Show" struggled to make funny. On the heels of a shocking recent Human Rights Watch (HRW) report, "The Daily Show" dispatched Samantha Bee, "most senior correspondent," to investigate the child labor practices
Huffington Post (blog)
added Jun 29, 2014 03:03
38 Views

[New York] Rotterdam fatal fire blamed on cigar smoking in bedroom

The house fire that killed 71-year-old disabled man last week was an accident and may have been caused by careless smoking, according to the fire and police officials. "We were able to eliminate all natural and accidental causes with the exception of ci
Albany (NY) Times-Union
added Nov 5, 2013 18:30
38 Views

[North Carolina] Officials: Smoking caused fatal fire

A burning cigarette is the cause of a fire that killed a 53-year-old Greenville woman at her apartment on Friday, officials said. Greenville Fire-Rescue was dispatched at 5:01 a.m. to Oak Haven Senior Village at 506 Mattox Road, Battalion Chief Shannon
Greenville (NC) Daily Reflector
added Aug 31, 2012 17:37
37 Views

[Canada] Perth County, Stratford Ont. officials push for smoke-free rental housing

'One in three Ontarians that live in rental buildings continue to experience involuntary exposure to second-hand smoke,' a public health advocate says. ... "We're encouraging landlords to implement policies within their building to have all of their unit
CBC News (ca)
added Oct 10, 2015 11:28
Sign up for daily headlines All Headlines Featured Headlines U.S. Headlines International Headlines