Headlines Tagged with Fires/Injuries — 10,042 headlines found
"I was thinking, 'Yeah, I'm going to save money, I'm going to be healthier, it's going to work out," Shopshire said. "We ended up putting our lives in jeopardy." Monday morning, as he and his wife slept, the overloaded battery to his e-cigarette plugged
Aug 27, 2013 KPHO CBS 5 News (Phoenix, AZ)
added Aug 28, 2013 13:58
Eastern Indiana police say two people died in a car fire along Interstate 70 after an occupant lit a cigarette as another person in the car was using medical oxygen.
Feb 11, 2013 AP - Associated Press
added Feb 12, 2013 12:24
MERCER -- An elderly man who was critically injured in a fire last week, apparently because he was smoking while on oxygen, is not well enough to speak to authorities about the incident.
Aug 1, 2012 Kennebec Journal
added Aug 2, 2012 07:32
A LUNG disease sufferer was burned alive in an inferno after smoking a cigarette while using a home oxygen machine.
Jun 22, 2012 Derbyshire Times (Bakewell Today) (uk)
added Jun 22, 2012 10:13
Some of the counties harder hit by Florence are located on the southern end of North Carolina’s largest tobacco growing region, said Matthew Vann, assistant professor and tobacco extension specialist at North Carolina State University. Other large tobacc
Sep 17, 2018 Bloomberg News
added Sep 18, 2018 03:48
Federal regulators warned more than a dozen manufacturers, distributors and retailers Tuesday that they are endangering children by marketing e-cigarette liquids to resemble kid-friendly products such as juice boxes, candy and whipped cream. The Food an
May 1, 2018 Washington Post
added May 1, 2018 20:43
Dozens of lawsuits over the alleged defects have been filed in Florida, New York, California and other states. Many of the batteries at issue are manufactured by Chinese companies, which are difficult to haul into U.S. courts. So lawyers typically set the
Jul 3, 2016 The Wall Street Journal Interactive Edition
added Jul 3, 2016 16:30
Here's a brief history of e-cigs blowing up—in your face, in your car, in your home, in your bar.
Apr 17, 2014 Mother Jones Magazine
added Apr 21, 2014 21:40
[Connecticut] US Labor Department's OSHA cites Nuway Tobacco Co. for combustible dust, electrical, mechanical and fall hazards
The U.S. Department of Labor's Occupational Safety and Health Administration has cited Nuway Tobacco Co. for 22 alleged serious violations of workplace safety and health standards at its South Windsor manufacturing facility. The tobacco sheet manufacturer
Apr 10, 2013 OSHA (U.S. Department of Labor - Occupational Safety & Health Administration)
added Apr 10, 2013 16:38
A woman suffered serious injuries after firefighters said oxygen caught fire while she was smoking in her second-floor apartment on Cartier Street in Manchester.
Feb 19, 2013 WMUR-TV Ch. 9 (Manchester, NH)
added Feb 19, 2013 12:34